RV Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Converter

Pretty much no experience on the subject. A feller on the deer lease bought a camper with a bad converter. He cant find the exact type he needs on the world wide web. Is it decently kosher to just go with any 30 amp converter and make it fit with no wires touching? He wants to have it to replace this coming weekend.

Mine went out one time, just went to the dealer and bought one there

Comment

If it is a stand alone unit you can get any to replace it. If it is part of the distribution center, you can get a stand alone unit and wire it back to the dist. center

Comment

Amazon or ebay just get the same voltages they will all work.

Comment

You can also use a standard battery charger.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
            Amazon or ebay just get the same voltages they will all work.
            this is the route I took. all is good now.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Get 12v but definitely get the same amperage if not a little bigger if you physically have the room for it

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                That is not a good idea for too many reasons to list here.

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
                  Pretty much no experience on the subject. A feller on the deer lease bought a camper with a bad converter. He cant find the exact type he needs on the world wide web. Is it decently kosher to just go with any 30 amp converter and make it fit with no wires touching? He wants to have it to replace this coming weekend.
                  Converters are my specialty since we use so many on bowfishing boats.
                  Do not try to use a regular battery charger since converters are chargers/power supplies.
                  What brand does he have- I may have a source.
                  Any reputable brand of converter with an output rating of 30 amps or more will work. A 45-55 amp converter would be preferred since it will just be coating at 30 amps output rather than maxxed out
                  Iota, PowerMax, Inteli-Power etc.

Comment

Try bestconverter.com I needed one for my buddy’s deer lease trailer that he had been told was no longer available and I called and they had the exact model he needed from just texting them a photograph

Comment

I just bought one for my rv at PPL in Houston. It was cheaper than Amazon. Mine was a 50 amp and it was $235. The wires were long enough, the ones on Amazon people complain about the wires being too short. Try PPL

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                        Converters are my specialty since we use so many on bowfishing boats.
                        Do not try to use a regular battery charger since converters are chargers/power supplies.
                        What brand does he have- I may have a source.
                        Any reputable brand of converter with an output rating of 30 amps or more will work. A 45-55 amp converter would be preferred since it will just be coating at 30 amps output rather than maxxed out
                        Iota, PowerMax, Inteli-Power etc.
                        We're not sure what brand it is. He didn't take a look when he bought it and he wants to have one in hand when he goes back out. We cant find the specs on-line for his camper either.

Comment

We're not sure what brand it is. He didn't take a look when he bought it and he wants to have one in hand when he goes back out. We cant find the specs on-line for his camper either.
                          Just pick up a 30 amp or larger converter. Easy to connect since there’s only + and - to the trailer then plug it in.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            Try bestconverter.com I needed one for my buddy’s deer lease trailer that he had been told was no longer available and I called and they had the exact model he needed from just texting them a photograph
                            This right here. Lots of expertise at the end of that phone line. The team there will get you set up correctly.

One of the most important capabilities of a converter is not killing your batteries by over-charging. Not all converters are created equally, and you need to buy the correct one based on your usage. Bestconverter will steer you straight.

Comment

Converter

bestconverter.com cheapest I’ve found and very helpful with replacement model recommendations

Comment

Working...
                              X