No announcement yet.

2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't such a good day to workout. Especially trying to get that one rep max. Arthritis is kicking my arse this morning and every joint hurts. Elbows, knees, back...it all sucks. I lowered my weight significantly and worked on increasing the reps. I finally just gave up. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Comment

Duck hunted Monday and missed the gym
      Yesterday was pure laziness missing the gym

Knocked out shoulders this AM and felt great

Pull day tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        It wasn't such a good day to workout. Especially trying to get that one rep max. Arthritis is kicking my arse this morning and every joint hurts. Elbows, knees, back...it all sucks. I lowered my weight significantly and worked on increasing the reps. I finally just gave up. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
        You've been at the 5x5 game for a while. Switching your weight and reps for a few weeks is probably much needed. You'll most likely break thru that plateau you mentioned also. I wouldn't stick with any one plan for longer than 6 weeks.

Comment

Well crap! I went to my CF box Monday, and Tuesday. Was planning on going Thursday but…
          My wife had a scratchy throat a day or two ago, and tested herself about midnight last night. She told me this morning, that her test was positive, and suggested that I test as well. I have no symptoms, but my test was also positive. I had to call my office and let them know I’d be out till Monday. Guess I won’t be going to the gym, but I do have some chores around the house I could do.��

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
            You've been at the 5x5 game for a while. Switching your weight and reps for a few weeks is probably much needed. You'll most likely break thru that plateau you mentioned also. I wouldn't stick with any one plan for longer than 6 weeks.
            Yeah, I know. I generally stick with the 5X5 for not longer than a month at a time, then I move to something else. Even light days are a challenge sometimes. I'll be at the pain management dr.'s office this afternoon for my back. Pretty sure I'm getting shots.

Comment

I made good progress last year. November and December I missed more workouts due to holidays, Mom being in the hospital etc. I was ready to kick off 2022 with a bang then battled a head cold all last week. Back in the gym this week feeling good. Goals this year is to keep up the weight training and up my cardio fitness. Since I lost my lease last year I didn't have a place to hunt. I will look for one this year, however due to the high cost of so many places I may have to hunt public land so I want to be in good shape to hike away from the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                I made good progress last year. November and December I missed more workouts due to holidays, Mom being in the hospital etc. I was ready to kick off 2022 with a bang then battled a head cold all last week. Back in the gym this week feeling good. Goals this year is to keep up the weight training and up my cardio fitness. Since I lost my lease last year I didn't have a place to hunt. I will look for one this year, however due to the high cost of so many places I may have to hunt public land so I want to be in good shape to hike away from the masses.
                Most importantly, hope your mother is feeling better.
                Secondly, good luck and get to it!!!!!!!

Comment

I wanted to get my ab round in yesterday too, but didn't. Doubt it will get done today either.
                  It was tough dragging myself outta bed this morning after only sleeping 4 hours each the last few nights. I managed a body weight workout today, more TUT, plyo and burpees for good measure.

Comment

Just realized I have posted any goals here so I can have some accountability for myself and from others.

1) Get back into good cardio/running shape. Man there is not a better feeling then cranking out a solid 4+ mile run and feeling good/not dying after.

2) Lose a solid 25-35 pounds. I have always hoovered around the 225 range the last 5 years or so. However, I let a bicep injury and the covid 15 sneak up on me to easily (heck the 15 turned into the covid 35 real quick ) and got up to 262 last year. I turned things around in August and finished strong the last 5 months and now I am back around 235-237 but really want to get below 200-210 like back in high school/first couple years of college.

3) Eat freaking less. My portion size control, like many people, is to large. Need to two step this process into eating less and transform that into eating better. I know I am one of the most active on this thread the last few years but if you guys saw me you'd quickly question why I am not skinny/fit with as much as I workout... I like food to much lol

4) Cut down the alcohol intake. Its fun and been mixed way to common into social aspects but there is absolutely no benefit to drinking so I'd like to cut my intake by a solid 50-75%.

5) Do a event (half marathon, iron man, something like that) I have never done before to complete a new goal to keep the aspirations going.

6) Sleep better (this should honestly be #1). I cant sleep and haven't been able to the last 10 years and my weight gain significantly correlates with this time frame. I found out last year its sleep apnea and was given an APAP machine. I wore it maybe 30-40 nights last year and never made it longer then 3-4 hours through the night with it on. Quickly realized that if I don't wear it I would at least get a little sleep but if I did use it I would get freaking no sleep... I have to hash out 2-3 weeks straight to get use to it as science shows once you get to the 8-10 year mark with sleeping issues there is a direct correlation to decrease in life expectancy so its now or never.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Just realized I have posted any goals here so I can have some accountability for myself and from others.

1) Get back into good cardio/running shape. Man there is not a better feeling then cranking out a solid 4+ mile run and feeling good/not dying after.

2) Lose a solid 25-35 pounds. I have always hoovered around the 225 range the last 5 years or so. However, I let a bicep injury and the covid 15 sneak up on me to easily (heck the 15 turned into the covid 35 real quick ) and got up to 262 last year. I turned things around in August and finished strong the last 5 months and now I am back around 235-237 but really want to get below 200-210 like back in high school/first couple years of college.

3) Eat freaking less. My portion size control, like many people, is to large. Need to two step this process into eating less and transform that into eating better. I know I am one of the most active on this thread the last few years but if you guys saw me you'd quickly question why I am not skinny/fit with as much as I workout... I like food to much lol

4) Cut down the alcohol intake. Its fun and been mixed way to common into social aspects but there is absolutely no benefit to drinking so I'd like to cut my intake by a solid 50-75%.

5) Do a event (half marathon, iron man, something like that) I have never done before to complete a new goal to keep the aspirations going.

6) Sleep better (this should honestly be #1). I cant sleep and haven't been able to the last 10 years and my weight gain significantly correlates with this time frame. I found out last year its sleep apnea and was given an APAP machine. I wore it maybe 30-40 nights last year and never made it longer then 3-4 hours through the night with it on. Quickly realized that if I don't wear it I would at least get a little sleep but if I did use it I would get freaking no sleep... I have to hash out 2-3 weeks straight to get use to it as science shows once you get to the 8-10 year mark with sleeping issues there is a direct correlation to decrease in life expectancy so its now or never.
                      I commend you on realistic goals! I quit alcohol completely on 11-1-20 and feel so much better. You will definitely notice an improvement in your sleep, mood, and physical performance.(or at least I did)

A word of advice if you don't mind.
                      I have had better success with eating better before eating less. The eating less comes natural once you beat the cravings of the comfort foods, especially with your cardio goals and any other exercise you might include.

Comment

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
                        I commend you on realistic goals! I quit alcohol completely on 11-1-20 and feel so much better. You will definitely notice an improvement in your sleep, mood, and physical performance.(or at least I did)

A word of advice if you don't mind.
                        I have had better success with eating better before eating less. The eating less comes natural once you beat the cravings of the comfort foods, especially with your cardio goals and any other exercise you might include.
                        Appreciate it sir and advice is very much appreciated!

-------------------------------

Knocked out a pull day this morning. Mixing in more rowing to get this fat arse back into shape!

Comment

Well, I went to the pain management Dr. yesterday and he said my back is messed up pretty good. He kinda chastised me for lifting weights and basically said I can lift, just not more than my body weight. Well, heck. That kinda defeats the purpose but whatever. I got two epidurals of dexamethasone yesterday and I admit it hurt like a mofo. He gave me a local and then the juice. He said if I started to feel a tingle in my legs to say stop. I'm here to tell you that tingle turned into a burning electrical shock in a nano second! I had a death grip on the bed and I'm pretty sure I bent something cuz I heard the nurse say "****". That burning electrical shock kicked my arse both times.
                          The Dr. said he thought about giving me a Vicodin prior to the procedure and I'm kinda wishing he had. I go back in three weeks and this time he said they are gonna knock me completely out. They said I should have some relief in a couple of days.

I'm gonna take it easy for the next couple of workouts. Lower the weight, increase the reps and sets and see how my pain levels go. I've been dealing with this for close to 40 years and worked out despite the pain.

Legs and shoulders today. Super sets with one giant set at the end to finish it up. Lowered the weight down by 1/2, increased reps to 10-12 and slowed the movement down dramatically.

Chest and biceps tomorrow before heading to the lease.

Comment

Saber I'm right there with you. 30 years of back issues and I've been struggling to even sit at my desk for work this week, alternating ice and heat and just got to a point I can walk upright this morning. No workout for me until it all dies down.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              I've been dealing with this for close to 40 years and worked out despite the pain.
                              I learned that lesson from my dad. He had the same mentality and has had 3 back surgeries resulting in a fusion of 3-4 vertebrae in his lower back. Now he can do hardly anything at retirement. I admit I push the weights and skimp on the stretching and that causes most of my pain.

Good luck with your situation and make sure you stay mobile.

Did a nice cold run this morning that led into Glutes, Hamstrings and Calves lifting session. Low-ish weight/High reps

Chest, Tris, and Shoulders tomorrow so I have to get in plenty reps on the bow this evening.

Comment

Slept in so that means no lunch and push day once the clock hits noon!

Comment

Working...
                                X