Affordable Outfitters reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable Outfitters reviews

Has anyone ever hunted with these guys? As always i am sure you get what you pay for but just thought I would ask.

Couldnt tell ya. Most of the time affordable and quality dont mix. But pm Horitexan on here. He runs Brushy Hill Ranch...

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Couldnt tell ya. Most of the time affordable and quality dont mix. But pm Horitexan on here. He runs Brushy Hill Ranch...
      I was looking at that site. Very affordable in deed and it looks like a solid hunt.

Comment

I know nothing of this outfitter so I can't comment on them specifically but what I will do is tell you a few things I look at when I start researching an outfitter when looking at their website
        1) pictures of animals(I have to break this down a little more)
        a) how many pics vs yrs in biz, does it look like they shoot a fair amount every year
        b) age of the pics, are they just showing you kills they have made since they've been hunting or are they showing clients
        c) are the pics of the same animals just different poses with different people then without people? Are they just regurgitating pics from page to page?
        d) age of pics, is the camo, gear, dress styles and vehicles up to date or are they shooting old stuff signifying the pic isn't current and therefore not giving you a fair representation of what's at the property currently
        e) how many pics are animals taken with a bow? this is huge, if people get it done with a bow, I know I can and those looking to hunt rifle sure should be able to

2) does the outfitter hunt everything? That typically doesn't bode well for the hunter, reminds me of the saying "jack of all trades, master of none". No one has access to all the best spots. I looked at a guy in maine and he had the best moose, deer, bear hunting in northern maine. He also had the ultimate duck hunting area and some of the best fishing in the US, all per the website. After further research he hunted 600 acres, think about that. Not possible

3) Price- it isn't everything. If you go to a hunt that costs $1000 for a week and don't shoot the animal you were after now you have to spend another $1000 you're in it for $2000. But a very quality outfitter who has great success but was a bit further away charges $1500 and your percentages are way better. Which are you better off doing?

4) what area is being hunted? Does it house the animals being touted? Like the maine guy I researched, they may have the animals in the area but you may know that area isn't as solid of an area as suggested. For instance, booking a caribou hunt in the southern areas of the migration in late aug or early sept. Yes they are there and in mass numbers late season just not very heavy to not at all around those times

Lastly I call and talk to the people and ask a ton of questions

I guess my point is researching an outfitter takes some leg work and looking at the whole picture NOT just price and a few snapshots on a website
        Last edited by keep; 10-06-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Again, the above IS NOT in reference to the outfitter you listed. I'm just telling you where I start my research

Comment

no way to know for sure unless you call them and ask for the contact info of some of their past hunters.
            Ask for 10 names and numbers and then call 3 or 4 of them.
            It looks like they are selling fully guided hunts, with lodging and killing 160" deer for $500.00
            If it is real, it is a really great price. considering a ton of corn is $400.00 every time they fill feeders

Comment

Just had a friend taken by this outfitter. Sent plenty of pics prior to the trip but then didn't take them to to those stands. The owner, James, was never to be seen again after they arrived and the "guide" was a gypsie from Montana that didn't know a thing about the property. DO NOT USE Affordable Outfitters

Comment

If it is too good to be true it normally is

Comment

fully guided hunts, with lodging and killing 160" deer for $500.00

This falls under the category of too good to be true.

DJ

Comment

Stay away from this place. Got great pics. But was never put on stands where pics came from. Never saw a single thing. James said maybe my setup was wrong but I was put in their setup and asked multiple times to go to stands where pics were taken from and was told those were James personal stands by his son. I asked why he would send me those and was told who knows.
                    Last edited by Mwiethorn79; 01-19-2018, 06:41 PM. Reason: Adding one last thing

Comment

Talked to the game warden and was informed that this outfitters was the outlaws in this area and to be careful.

Comment

Affordable outfitters

I hunted with Affordable Outfitters around the Jacksboro area towards the first of the year on a hog hunt for some friends and myself. The owner greeted us as hunters which was amazing. He showed us the pics of the hogs that were coming in and got us super pumped. We all got unloaded and ready to go and our guide was Wyatt. He was a great person that treated us with alot of respect and consideration. He got us in our blinds and we layed out some hogs! Wyatt was extremely knowledgeable about how the hogs were moving and everything. This outfitter is definitely worth it. The owner checked on us via text to see how we were doing to make sure we had the best hunt...and we did!!! We will definitely be back next year because we already rebooted our dates for next year! Definitely give these guys a call and get booked. Great outfitter & guides!

Comment

Bumping an old thread where nobody has anything good to say… plus a new account. Smells like a fake account for this company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            If it is too good to be true it normally is
                            Originally posted by Iron Bridge View Post
                            Bumping an old thread where nobody has anything good to say… plus a new account. Smells like a fake account for this company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            This ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded Assassi View Post
                              I hunted with Affordable Outfitters around the Jacksboro area towards the first of the year on a hog hunt for some friends and myself. The owner greeted us as hunters which was amazing. He showed us the pics of the hogs that were coming in and got us super pumped. We all got unloaded and ready to go and our guide was Wyatt. He was a great person that treated us with alot of respect and consideration. He got us in our blinds and we layed out some hogs! Wyatt was extremely knowledgeable about how the hogs were moving and everything. This outfitter is definitely worth it. The owner checked on us via text to see how we were doing to make sure we had the best hunt...and we did!!! We will definitely be back next year because we already rebooted our dates for next year! Definitely give these guys a call and get booked. Great outfitter & guides!
                              Are you affiliated with the outfitter?

Comment

Working...
                              X