2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    WTH, people are still fishing in hunting season?

Those poor Reds look tasty!
    I had them all to myself lol

Comment

Some of us poor folks aren’t good at hunting, so we fish… and suck equally.

Comment

My boat is having some work done and have not been on water in 2 weeks. Withdraws are bad. Good news is my boat slip is being built.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Ran back in the marsh Sunday afternoon and got em along the grass lines on wind blown points. I was throwing a lure I make that's like a Little John, they're wanting light colors recently. Got out of there close to dark and found a big school of reds pushing shrimp down the edge of the ICW. I worked them over till I couldn't see any more and made the ride home in the dark. Went back this morning and caught and released a few more. I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving, we sure did.
          Congrats Kevin!

Comment

Ran back in the marsh Sunday afternoon and got em along the grass lines on wind blown points. I was throwing a lure I make that's like a Little John, they're wanting light colors recently. Got out of there close to dark and found a big school of reds pushing shrimp down the edge of the ICW. I worked them over till I couldn't see any more and made the ride home in the dark. Went back this morning and caught and released a few more. I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving, we sure did.

Atta way to tear 'em up!!

This!^^^

Originally posted by glen View Post
            My boat is having some work done and have not been on water in 2 weeks. Withdraws are bad. Good news is my boat slip is being built.

That is awesome!! You gonna have a lift? Sure hope so!

Comment

Yes sir Charlie. I found a BS reason we had to build it first before she starts on the house.

Comment

Still getting em the same way as last weekend. But I left em biting when the sea fog rolled in Saturday evening. Check out the spots on this guy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Glen, reason I asked, I kept my Chris Craft in a slip for a couple weeks once. So dang much mold, slime and junk grew on the bottom, it lost 15 mph on top end speed and took twice as long for it to get on top. I had to scrub every inch of the bottom to get all the crud off!! Doesn’t happen when in use, but let it sit for a couple weeks and it’s terrible.

Comment

Atta Boy KN!

Planning on going on one day off this week. Hopefully I can add to this once again.

Comment

We were able to get on a few bulls in Matagorda.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brody_bull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	24700480

Click image for larger version

Name:	chris_bull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24700481

Comment

Got the kayak on the water close to home. Caught a couple reds that I let go so no pictures (sorry, I know, it didn't happen). I bought some water proof knee high socks that I tried out today. Best $30 I've spent in a while. No wet shoes and no rubber boots. I just put my water shoes on over them. Got em on Amazon.

Comment

Got the kayak on the water close to home. Caught a couple reds that I let go so no pictures (sorry, I know, it didn't happen). I bought some water proof knee high socks that I tried out today. Best $30 I've spent in a while. No wet shoes and no rubber boots. I just put my water shoes on over them. Got em on Amazon.
                          Which ones / brand did you?

Comment

Randy Sun waterproof breathable knee high. They were $30

Comment

Haven’t posted a fishing report in a good while. Haven’t gone much since Hunting season started.

Did get to go down to Arroyo City (10/22), and fish with my cousin, his son, and my uncle. Got my but handed to me. Didn’t catch a fish the first 3 hours in the water. Meanwhile they were slinging trout in the boat left and right. All dinks, but at least they were catching. Made a few moves and they got into some redfish. Only 3 kept, plus 1 trout.

Wife got a new wade belt and was wanting to put it to use. Went fishing at a walk-in and wade spot nearby. (11/9) don’t remember how many dinks we caught, but ended up keeping 2 for dinner.

Fished East Matty with a buddy of mine the following day. Caught 6 redfish, all small, 3 flounder 18-22”, and 4 trout 20-22”. Didn’t know he wanted to keep any fish, so I released them all. Didn’t find out until he finally caught a keeper he wanted fish. Doh!

A friend of mine passed away last week. His wife called to give me notice. I met him at the pocket of the Quintana Jetties when I was 14-15. He took a liking to me and mentored me into the fisherman I am today. Hadn’t fished with him I. Years, but would share fishing reports back and forth over the phone often. I fished Wednesday on my kayak and could feel his presence. Landed over 100 trout that day. Winds stayed calm, water gin clear, tons of hungry fish. Kept 3 trout 18-20 and an upper slot redfish.

Fished Thursday in the same area but did a little more exploring. Only caught around 50 trout. Let my buddy use my kayak and left my measuring stick in it while I fished in the wife’s. I kept releasing what I thought were small but fat trout. Finally caught one as we were leaving and thought, that one’s 17”. Well it ended up measuring 19”. That was the only fish I put on the stringer. Oops.

Comment

Here are a few pictures.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X