East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    I wish it would quit raining. This is getting a little ridiculous now.
    I know the rain is aggravating but it is going to help deplete the acorns so a lot of folks can get back to hunting.

Comment

Seen a toad yesterday afternoon. Nice 8 but was missing brows. Had a rifle, didn't think he was 5 or older etc etc. Just stoopid me.

Actually saw 3 bucks in one sit. Two of the 3 looking a does.

Feeders still got corn piled up. Food plots look like they been mowed

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My deer have quit me. Had tons a week ago. Still getting a few at night. Sat from daylight to 2pm yesterday and saw one deer. So far this morning zero. None of my cameras are getting pics and I have 5 going

Comment

Acorns still falling in Montgomery county. A carpet of them on the ground. All pics are nocturnal and are getting fewer in number. Glad I didn’t pass on the buck I took Sat before last. Not confident Ill see another.

Comment

My deer are back on corn [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              My deer are back on corn [emoji12]

That's cause they don't eat pine needles

Comment

I use an All Season gravity protein feeder for corn and was having to fill it up every week, but I haven’t had to fill it in about a month. The deer are coming to the corn feeder, but the majority of the pictures have them grazing the food plot in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  My deer have quit me. Had tons a week ago. Still getting a few at night. Sat from daylight to 2pm yesterday and saw one deer. So far this morning zero. None of my cameras are getting pics and I have 5 going
                  Sounds like Renfro lately. I was headed that way this morning and with all the rain and lack of activity I decided to take it easy at home this weekend. I will return once a cool front rolls in and blows this mess out. I always kill my best ones in December once everything quietens down.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    Don’t give up on em Kris. Pretty well the same scenario for most of ET. I was seeing more deer and hogs about a week ago after they had consumed the acorns that had fallen. The next big blow and rain put more acorns on the ground and deer are slim again in the open. Our place is 6500 acres with only 8 hunters and we have 100s of deer on the place and they’re very good at hiding. Believe it or not they are very good at making a living without our little hand outs. As BayouBoy said some of the best hunting can come in mid to late December as food supplies have been depleted, the rut is over and deer are hungry. Hang in there my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      That's cause they don't eat pine needles
                      No they been eat sweet gum leaves

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        I know the rain is aggravating but it is going to help deplete the acorns so a lot of folks can get back to hunting.
                        What if you hunt the acorns? And there aren’t t a whole lot of them, so they concentrate things

I still wish it would stop raining. Our roads are in HORRIBLE shape way too early in season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          No they been eat sweet gum leaves

You're onto something, we had some mulching done last year and the deer ate the hades out of leaves on sweet gum saplings

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            You're onto something, we had some mulching done last year and the deer ate the hades out of leaves on sweet gum saplings
                            Look up MSU mineral stump. Makes sense how they explain it

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

My big guy returned home 3 days ago after vanishing about 5 weeks ago! He has only made night time appearances since his return (2:15 am) but he is back! Need some colder weather to come through so he will move during the day

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                                My big guy returned home 3 days ago after vanishing about 5 weeks ago! He has only made night time appearances since his return (2:15 am) but he is back! Need some colder weather to come through so he will move during the day
                                I’m waiting on one to (hopefully) do the same. Frankly the anticipation is killing me.

Comment

Working...
                                X