Brownsville area Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brownsville area Residence

I wanted to check with the people who live in this area. I was drawn for a hunt at Bahia Grande in Feb. 23. Before I commit to the hunt. I wanted to get a feel for the area concerning the illegals coming through. I don't want to pay for the hunt & drive down there if it is something that is going to be interfering with my hunt or having a lot of contact with them. What kind of experience are the locals having. Thanks

I dove hunted not far from there about a month ago. We were literally on the river.

No problems whatsoever.

Comment

You will be fine.

Comment

I think you should pass on the permit so maybe we can draw it.

Comment

Turn off the news, you’ll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
            Turn off the news, you’ll be fine.
            Funny that I don't watch the news, i generally find out things here

Comment

Dove hunted between the fence and the river for the last 4 years - everything will be good

Comment

I can guarantee you there is foot traffic anywhere along the southern border of Texas. As far as it interfering with your hunt, I wouldn’t see that as a problem or anything to worry about. Best place to ask would be the ranch your drew on.

We hunt far west in Comstock and they cross our ranch often, leave their packs and food trash in an area of trees that I clean up a couple times a year, It doesn’t affect the hunting though. We stay prepared for an encounter while out there, in 4 years I’ve never seen one.

I’d hunt and not worry about it, good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                  I can guarantee you there is foot traffic anywhere along the southern border of Texas. As far as it interfering with your hunt, I wouldn’t see that as a problem or anything to worry about. Best place to ask would be the ranch your drew on.

We hunt far west in Comstock and they cross our ranch often, leave their packs and food trash in an area of trees that I clean up a couple times a year, It doesn’t affect the hunting though. We stay prepared for an encounter while out there, in 4 years I’ve never seen one.

I’d hunt and not worry about it, good luck man.

It is Bahia Grande a National Wildlife Reserve

Comment

Thanks everyone. Sounds like it should be a problem. I have hunted down there a few times without any issues other than having my credit card scanned at one of the gas stations. It has been a few years though and I wanted to check

Comment

I live about 40 mins from there, Bahia Grande won't have any problems with illegals coming through. Once across the border they put them in stash houses and then drop them off on the edge of the King ranch near The La Sal unit off 187.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchy View Post
                        I live about 40 mins from there, Bahia Grande won't have any problems with illegals coming through. Once across the border they put them in stash houses and then drop them off on the edge of the King ranch near The La Sal unit off 187.

Good intel there.

Comment

I work in Brownsville about 1000 yards from the border, there is tons of traffic. You will be fine, they’re more scared of you than you are of them.

Comment

But honestly, you shouldn’t have any problems out there. The ship channel cuts off the route north so any of them coming through boca chica beach hit the ship channel and get picked up somewhere at the Port.

I was fishing in the channel one day and group of about 20 came out of the dunes and walked right past us waving before they disappeared into the Port of Brownsville.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                              But honestly, you shouldn’t have any problems out there. The ship channel cuts off the route north so any of them coming through boca chica beach hit the ship channel and get picked up somewhere at the Port.

I was fishing in the channel one day and group of about 20 came out of the dunes and walked right past us waving before they disappeared into the Port of Brownsville.
                              Is there a better place to stay than not

Comment

Working...
                              X