Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't.

Comment

Everytime a "New" bow comes out or the new overpriced camo that everyone has to have that year cause thats what was pushed on Youtube and Dealers, I definitely want to breal down and buy them just because its gotta be just that much better.....why not spend $5000 on a new bow, accessories and the latest cool guy camo, right?

Then I always go back to thinking of all the elders I've known that have forgotten about more kills then I have under my belt as is, and they did it all on 20-30yrs ago with recurves, homemade accessories while wearing blue jeans, flannel and smoking Marlboro Reds.....

I then say to myself, "Nah, I dont need this new stuff that bad!"

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes Cycles View Post
        Everytime a "New" bow comes out or the new overpriced camo that everyone has to have that year cause thats what was pushed on Youtube and Dealers, I definitely want to breal down and buy them just because its gotta be just that much better.....why not spend $5000 on a new bow, accessories and the latest cool guy camo, right?

Then I always go back to thinking of all the elders I've known that have forgotten about more kills then I have under my belt as is, and they did it all on 20-30yrs ago with recurves, homemade accessories while wearing blue jeans, flannel and smoking Marlboro Reds.....

I then say to myself, "Nah, I dont need this new stuff that bad!"

Hopefully you don’t think about those same folks parents riding horses or using rotary phones instead of driving gas engines trucks and using cell phones.[emoji15][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

If you have to justify it then you probably can’t afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt 100 plus days a year. So it’s a tool. My wife of 32 years couldn’t care less what I buy and I mean that in a good way(if that’s in any way what the OP is getting at)

Now…back to puking my guts out at 2:15 am. Fun fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              If you have to justify it then you probably can’t afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This is the way I have always lived... within my means as the ant in our nursery tales.
              Pay cash for the luxuries or buy an investment which pays for the luxury while putting some extra cash in my pocket.

But i notice that the proverbial grasshoppers are able to live beyond their means even into old age. Maybe winter will never come

Comment

Let me clear this up. When I say “justify” I’m talking about in your own mind. I’m like the rest of you who really doesn’t care what someone else thinks about me. Except Christ of course. That’s my struggle.

Comment

I’ve got a Hoyt Reflex that I’ve had for over 15 years maybe even 20 that I’ve taken several deer with.; HOWEVER, every time I don’t hear a Matthews release an arrow I have a hankering for one.

Comment

Could I justify one? Sure, I could..........

....but I never will. My current bow is my also my newest-to-me, a "flagship" Bowtech Realm X, and that's after I bought it used (1 yr old from the original owner, whom I know). I rigged it out myself with nice accessories, and I've got a considerable sum invested in it, but still not nearly $2,500. Even at that, it'll most likely be the last compound bow that I buy. I'll just say, "Buy whatever makes you happy. We're only here for a short while."

Comment

Don't "need" a $2500 bow but if someone wants it and can afford it then by all means......get it. It won't kill deer deader than a bow 1/3 it's price just like a custom rifle doesn't kill deader than a production rifle.

Comment

Bear bows if I ever think of new

Comment

“Justification” is an overused word. All it amounts to is twisting our thoughts around until whatever it is you’re getting is palatable. No need to justify, in my opinion. You want something, get it. No justification needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like the “P” word there!

Comment

I keep a few pretty recent bows. I just bought the V3X this past year and what a bow. Does it kill deer any deader, no, does it "hit" more deer that previous models quite possibly. The V3X has been the most forgiving bow I have ever owned. I've been shooting archery since I was 8 or 9, I am 58 now. I shoot almost everyday. I can practically sneeze and still hit the 8 ring. You ain't doing that with a cheap or non forgiving bow.

And for your $2,500.00. I have friends with rifle scopes that cost more than that, let alone the rifle. Per shot, Archery is a cheap date.

Comment

Oils T justify it with a rifle much less a scope bro. But like others have noted, “to each his own”.

Comment

Working...
                                X