No announcement yet.

High Fence Small Acerage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive done it and will do it again. I dont use any cameras, no feeding roads, and no timed feeders on the smaller places. These 3 things really help to keep the animals wild and huntable. Animals like fallow will tame down alot quicker than axis. Try to ttt wild deer from ranches instead of buying pen deer from a feedlot type breeder. It can be ALOT of fun and rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
      Ive done it and will do it again. I dont use any cameras, no feeding roads, and no timed feeders on the smaller places. These 3 things really help to keep the animals wild and huntable. Animals like fallow will tame down alot quicker than axis. Try to ttt wild deer from ranches instead of buying pen deer from a feedlot type breeder. It can be ALOT of fun and rewarding.
      Fallow are the worst and complete feed hogs! Dang things will just eat and eat. If they weren't worth what they are I'd do away with them completely.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        TTT has been suspended since 2021

Comment

75acres…wont be much recreational hunting imo. If a person had the money and time…maybe but 75 is small once you fence it.

Comment

It can work, with limited numbers. I work with these types of operations often, be warned that most people that do this loose their desire for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
              Definitely wouldnt be much "hunting" involved...but if he likes "shooting" then go for it!

NAILED IT

Comment

To the people saying it’s too small and no sport in it, I have a buddy with a high fence small place in the hill country.
                Sometimes you can’t find a axis or wt on the whole place, and they are wild as can be.
                If it wasn’t for game camera pics you would never see the monsters he has.

Comment

I'd just use it to breed 1 or 2 exotic breeds to sell. Then use the money to go on nice hunts.
                  Last edited by donpablo; 10-06-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Really good investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is "WORD"

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      To the people saying it’s too small and no sport in it, I have a buddy with a high fence small place in the hill country.
                      Sometimes you can’t find a axis or wt on the whole place, and they are wild as can be.
                      If it wasn’t for game camera pics you would never see the monsters he has.
                      You walk in the gate and the Axis become ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        We have 150 under HF at the house and love it. Just a fun hobby make a little money here and there spend alot of money all year long! Lol have the kids out family friends ect to come kill their first deer get some good meat to eat and just enjoy ourselves. We do some trapping every few years to remove some numbers and then bring in some new blood as well. Its been fun and would do it over again. Been an awesome place to train my blood dogs as well.
                        I think if he can have this type of mindset going into it, it'll turn out to be a nice place. It might give the kiddos and other newbies a false sense of how actual hunting is but it'll be a good way to introduce people to hunting. He'll definitely be making a ton of memories this way.

Comment

Working...
                        X