No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Management in Texas is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is imperative that this **** is stopped before it gets started. Under no circumstances can we allow "stakeholder advisory groups" to decide our hunting regulations and policies. Allowing "wildlife conservation organizations (non-hunting), outdoor recreation organizations (non-hunting), animal welfare organizations (non-hunting" to control hunting is exactly the kind of bull**** that has destroyed hunting in liberal states. Get the *uck out of our state. I'm so god*amn sick of these people. And I'm equally sick of the people who are too passive, weak, and lazy to stop it.
    Last edited by Longue Carabine; 09-30-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
      It is imperative that this **** is stopped before it gets started. Under no circumstances can we allow "stakeholder advisory groups" to decide our hunting regulations and policies. Allowing "wildlife conservation organizations (non-hunting), outdoor recreation organizations (non-hunting), animal welfare organizations (non-hunting" to control hunting is exactly the kind of bull**** that has destroyed hunting in liberal states. Get the *uck out of our state. I'm so god*amn sick of these people. And I'm equally sick of the people who are too passive, weak, and lazy to stop it.

Start lobbying against them, Chief. You seem to have the passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope. The only management lions needs is folks “managing” to shoot one when they see it. We absolutely do not need more regulations on this.

Comment

Boy howdy it doesn't take much to get some of you all riled up.

I think you would welcome the chance to voice your opinions to TPW on regulations.
          We get the chance up here to respond as stakeholders in whet regs are passed and changed, it actually makes a difference.
          No doubt the folks behind this issue are looking to get your cats not hunted, voice your opinions and let TPW know you want responsible management, not a ban on hunting them. They are an integral part of the ecosystem but need to be managed for the benefit of your deer herds.

We have seasons and quotas up here, our lions are doing fine and we do have issues in some areas with too many. They are good money for outfitters that hunt them so take is regulated.
          Some folks seem to think they are very rare but I would hope their study would show otherwise. Mt lions can be the alpha predator in an area and really hurt a local deer population, but I don't think you really want all of them gone. They have their place in nature.

Comment

Not sure I see the need for us to pay for another study. I am 69 years old and promise you that there are more lions in Texas today than at any time in my life. I agree with Chance and see no need for more regulations. If the lion is expanding it's range and populations are increasing????
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

More rules, laws and regulations always solve the problems we didn’t have to begin with. Makes total sense said no man ever with any common sense…. These people have to attempt to justify their jobs by coming up with solutions to non existent issues,,, let me guess the outcome————- “You will have to buy a tag” 100% Pure Idiots!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                Not sure I see the need for us to pay for another study. I am 69 years old and promise you that there are more lions in Texas today than at any time in my life. I agree with Chance and see no need for more regulations. If the lion is expanding it's range and populations are increasing????
                Adios,
                Gary
                Best case scenario is that this study shows just what you see Gary, an increasing population. No need for protection of any kind. That is what the non hunting groups are really pushing , hoping a study shows low numbers so they can start with limiting take then saying they need protection down the line.
                I still think you need some but not to the detriment of other wildlife and domestic livestock.

Get your voices heard with TPW, don't just vent on here.
                Comment on this proposal.
                Enough hunters stepping up and commenting will get noticed.
                Document sightings, trail cam pics etc.
                Evidence of a healthy population is what they need to see.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                  I think TPWD would prefer this issue go away.

Authors of this petition have an agenda, and they definitely do not represent the vast majority of landowners that are actually effected by lions.

It doesn’t look like this petition wish list is going anywhere anytime soon, except for the creation of advisory committee. Lion population is thriving, maybe better than ever.

Issue definitely isn’t going to die though.
                  Agree.
                  This is just the start , they will eventually want it banned.

Comment

With the way Texas parks and wildlife runs things I’d expect it to turn into joke promptly.

Comment

Good luck seeing them in the wild unless you are trapping. Most elusive critter out there!
                      Hunted my whole life (Im 42yrs old) and we own property in NM unit 34 since the late 70s. Seen 2 on hunts for a split second and the rest on property trail cam 30 mins after we exit the property at the water tank. Amazing cat that will decimate the deer population. Especially when the tree huggers have relocation plan in the zone you hunt so hard your whole life for the last 20yrs! If you have that moment SHOOT!

Comment

I'm going to waste another $3.00 on a draw mountain lion hunt. It's all about the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          I am an avid hunter, conservationists and Texan. Personally, I believe we do need some form of study to determine if regulation is necessary for Mountain Lions in Texas. With more and more population growth, habitat is increasingly diminishing and I’d venture to say the number of hunters in the woods are increasing as well, especially with the growing “organic food” movements. I’d really like the opportunity to see mountain lions survive so my kids and their kids have that opportunity. If you believe we should have seasons, bag limits and regulations on Whitetail deer, why the heck wouldn’t you ant one on Mountain Lions?

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                            More lions are in Texas now that 50 years ago. They do well enough when left alone. Keep things the way they are and they will do just fine. This is California come to Texas crap.
                            Agreed. No study necessary. No changes necessary.

Comment

According to all the city people and califorkians that have moved out where we live on NextDoor there’s about 3,000 of them withiin a 15 mile radius of my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
                                According to all the city people and califorkians that have moved out where we live on NextDoor there’s about 3,000 of them withiin a 15 mile radius of my house.
                                To be fair, TBHers have posted pics of that many since I joined [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X