Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acorns? Are they dropping in your woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a burr oak raining monsters this week (actually potted 17). Shummard at my FIL house has dropping heavy yesterday as well

Comment

Blue oaks are loaded

Comment

Few dropping at the house N.W. Comal co

Comment

In Anderson county, yes.

Comment

Quite a few have dropped in Christoval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Tiny green acorns. Deer have abandoned corn!!!

Brown County

Comment

Dropping in Fayette County. Deer are not hitting feeders as much.

Comment

Dripping Springs area. They're not just falling, they're raining. Live oaks. I have never seen a crop like this before. Last two years there has not been an acorn on my place (200 oaks). This year tree limbs are sagging from the weight.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Post oak and pin oak are loaded here in Brazos county, starting to drop, deer won't be too interested in corn until they are gone, or we get enough rain to ruin them.

Comment

No and they won't this season. We are going through supplemental feed like crazy with this drought.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

They just started dropping at my house in New Braunfels last week

Comment

Acorns? Are they dropping in your woods?

I noticed multiple different (previously like clockwork) groups of hogs and multiple turkeys in all four corners of the ranch all disappeared off cell trail cam pics around the same time about 10 days ago +/-. Still enough young bucks and does eating up the corn, but the good ones went MIA. Went up to fill feeders this weekend and investigated as to why the change. It did't take many trees to look under before I figured it out. Blanco county area trees are loaded and the ground too.

Anyone know what the typical cycle is as to how long it takes the trees to empty once they start falling?
                          Last edited by Rambow; 09-26-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Yup. Dropping all over my yard. Grandkids can't run barefoot in the yard for awhile. LOL!

Comment

My trees are full, but not dropping yet. This cold front will get them going.

Comment

Not dropping yet

Comment

Working...
                                X