Vacationing with the Rona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
    Wife and I are wanting to book a vacation somewhere in April however not sure where we should go with all this Covid crap. Would like it to be a destination outside the US if possible. Wine country in Cali will have to wait another year.

Would appreciate some ideas
    We went to Jamaica over Thanksgiving and stayed at Sandals. They were offering such a good deal that now we are going to Sandals in Grenada over Spring Break. New rules though, you need to have a Covid test before entering the US. Sandals is doing it for their guest.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      OP said April, I'd do south pole. Might be a bit warmer.

OP, my understanding is most resorts in Mexico are at like 10-20% capacity, and offer free covid tests before you depart. Also heard, if you test positive, they will comp you the room, and keep bringing food and drinks.

I'd support Mexico, but I am bias because they were very supportive of Trump.
      What he said...most upscale results are offering free covid tests to facilitate travel and if you pop positive some of them will even comp you your quarantine time.

Comment

Not that big a deal. We went to Virgin Islands last July, had to have negative Covid test 5 days prior to departure. Got there and they never checked us. The flight had lay-over in Miami so that made the mask thing more manageable.
        Total flight about 6 hrs. Had a great time, no cruises coming in so we saw very few tourists. The locals were all scared about tourists at that time, they didn't realize the testing requirement on our part. We were concerned about catching the virus there and being quarantined.
        No idea what the restrictions are now but it wasn't difficult last summer.
        Our hosts were very polite and accommodating.
        Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb0531 View Post
          What he said...most upscale results are offering free covid tests to facilitate travel and if you pop positive some of them will even comp you your quarantine time.
          There was a fellow on the radio this morning (talk radio show) stuck at a resort as he had tested positive. Said the place was covering the expense and even put his wife in a separate room for free until he tests negative.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
            There was a fellow on the radio this morning (talk radio show) stuck at a resort as he had tested positive. Said the place was covering the expense and even put his wife in a separate room for free until he tests negative.

Listening to Michael Berry? LOL I've heard similar stories as that guys from a couple folks now.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Listening to Michael Berry? LOL I've heard similar stories as that guys from a couple folks now.
              Yep

Comment

anybody been to or know of an all inclusive in the USVI which would be OK to take kids?

as I understand, you gotta have negative test to go to the islands, but no test to get home from US territories. I am not too worried about flying (especially with everyone on the plane having a negative test), but don't want to get stuck outside the USA in event of a positive test.

Comment

Thanks appreciate the advice

Comment

Bermuda seems to be begging for tourists

Comment

Wife and I were discussing an all inclusive trip somewhere with the kids. As much as my 6 year old hates the doctor and dentist I'm not sure he'd be up for the corona test.

Comment

The Virgin Islands. Wont have to test to come home because its part of the US Territories.

Comment

Anyone know if this negative test thing applies to at all borders or is it just for airport type return trips??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Anyone know if this negative test thing applies to at all borders or is it just for airport type return trips??
                            I know if you plan to drive into Canada you must show a negative test taken within 72 hours. Not sure if it is need to come back.

Comment

Cabo.

Comment

Working...
                              X