• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I gotta recipe for duck sausage.
    Prolly same recipe as mine

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Garry’s dirty rice

I’m not sure who Garry is, but I’ve been using his dirty rice recipe for years at cook offs, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! It is always a hit.

I have a batch in the oven now for Thanksgiving.

Thank you Garry!

Comment

Here is a South Louisiana version from my mom. If you are looking for a Texan version of dirty rice, this is not it.

Ville Platte Rice Dressing
        Ingredients:
        1.5 pounds of ground beef, I like ground chuck - season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Be careful with seasoning, you can always adjust later.
        1 pound ground pork - season same as ground beef
        1 carton of chicken livers run through grinder
        1 package of chicken gizzards run through grinder
        1 package of chicken hearts run through grinder
        2 or 3 medium to large yellow or sweet onions diced
        2 or 3 green bell peppers diced
        2 or 3 celery stalks diced
        6 garlic cloves minced
        1 bunch of green onions diced
        1 bunch of Italian parsley
        1 package of extra long grain rice
        1 bottle of Savoie's browning liquid or Kitchen Bouquet - 1 tablespoon or more depending on what color you want the meat to look. I like the meat to be a medium to dark brown

Instructions:

Brown ground beef in cast iron dutch oven or skillet. Let the meat stick a little to get the meat as brown as possible. You can add a little flour but I usually don't

Once brown, add the ground pork and continue browning. Once beef and pork are browned, add vegetables to meat and saute/sweat them until softened.

Add the ground chicken liver, gizzards and hearts and cook over medium heat until fully cooked and incorporated with the rest of the ground meat. Simmer for 30 to 45 mins on low heat.

Add 1 TSP or 1 TBS of kitchen bouquet or browning liquid and stir until the mixture is nice and brown, not black. Simmer for another 20 mins. Turn off stove and let it cool down for about an hour.

Cook rice in rice cooker/streamer according to directions.

Reheat and add 1 bunch of chopped green onions and half a bunch of Italian parsley minced. Cook until green onions and parsley is soft, about 30 mins.

In a separate bowl, add rice and meat together to whatever ratio you like.

C'est ce bon!
        Last edited by AM Cloutier; 11-28-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Man yall got some awful recipes. Ragincajun has it right

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          He does it for a living. But, non cajuns and rednecks will argue about it all day long. No one cares how me maw from Texas or Monroe makes it. It’s bogus. Just like a coonie telling Texans how to bbq. Nothing funnier to me when non coonies find some B S place on I-10 and tell you it is the greatest authentic Cajun food around.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
            3/4 lb ground pork
            1/2 lb ground beef
            1/4 lb fine ground chicken liver and gizzards
            2.5 cups long grain rice
            1 whole bell pepper
            1 large yellow onion
            2 cloves garlic
            i bushel green onion

Brown all meat together seasoning it with your favorite cajun seasoning and salt. Add all vegetables exept the green onions. Smother for about 15 minutes then add a cup of water. Once cooked add in the steamed rice and green onions and mix well.
            Yep, this is pretty much how it’s done in most of south Louisiana. And it’s often referred to as Rice Dressing!

Comment

I got home and realized I bought breakfast ground pork so only used beef but Ragin's recipe is great!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                This is my Fav....Found on 2coolfishing years ago

Garry's Cajun Dirty Rice
                Ok this is an easy recipe. Just dump, stir, and cook... I like mine with quite a bit of bite to it. If you have kids you may want to back way down on the red pepper. I like to eat this with Club Crackers and a cold beer but its good all on its on. It reheats great too....

2 cups rice (Uncle Bens long grain works best)
                1 1/2 pounds ground beef
                1 can Cream of Chicken soup
                1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
                1 can French Onion soup
                1 1/2 soup cans of water
                1 onion chopped
                1/2 chopped Bell pepper
                1 tsp. garlic powder
                1 TBL. salt
                1 tsp. RED PEPPER ( this is spicey, cut down to your taste)
                1 tsp. paprika
                1/4 tsp. black pepper

Brown your meat with the onions. Get a 11 X 13 X 1 1/2" baking pan. Now combine ALL the ingredients, the meat, the soups, the rice, the spices and stir all together throughly. (Don't worry, it will taste much better than it looks at this point) Cover with tin foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 10-15 minutes OR until your rice is done... if you like spicey cajun this is one of my favorite cajun recipes...
                texasGG is offline Report Post
                I've made this many times since I found it on the same site. Everyone has loved it?

Comment

Working...
                X