Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska

Anyone been to Alaska this year? Have my annual trip coming up, saw rules about being tested 72 hours before?

Looking for anyone that has been this year for dos and donts or no worries?

Thanks in advance.

Supposed to have a negative test result within 72 hrs of touchdown in Anchorage. I found out a little bit ago that my destination of Kotzebue requires a negative test after arriving in Alaska also. My hunting partner talked to the mayor of Kotz today and that's what he was told. We were also told this could change several times prior to our trip. We are still planning to go however. There is a thread on Rokslide under Caribou called Alaska travel that gives updated info from recent travelers there.

Comment

My bush pilot sent me this https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/
      Last edited by ThePecosBilly; 07-13-2020, 05:13 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Right now, subject to change, you need a test 72 hours before coming here, and a test again at the airport when you land. Anchorage is mandatory masks for all businesses. The Mat Su Valley where I live is still mask free but some establishments are requiring them. Allegedly there is another press conference scheduled for tonight at 5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
            Right now, subject to change, you need a test 72 hours before coming here, and a test again at the airport when you land. Anchorage is mandatory masks for all businesses. The Mat Su Valley where I live is still mask free but some establishments are requiring them. Allegedly there is another press conference scheduled for tonight at 5pm.
            Thank you. Keep me posted please and thank you.

Comment

press conference last night said no new mandates. the Gov wants to keep the economy moving.

Comment

My wife and I just returned from Alaska on Saturday.
                We flew there on JUL 4th...Austin to Atlanta and then direct flight to Alaska.

We had our CVOID Tests done at Ft Hood 4 days prior to going and had results within 48 hours. When you arrive Anchorage Airport you have to show results (we did not have to have another test done at the airport) or quarantine for 14 days. Also, you have to fill out a Declaration Form online prior to arrival or once you get there.

All businesses in Anchorage require mask to walk into..
                Tourism is off 90% and a lot of places are closed, especially up in Denali area.

Go to the Traveler's Portion/link on the below website:

Also within the website you can go to individual areas to see the CVOID restrictions in place..

Comment

Originally posted by rossn2 View Post
                  My wife and I just returned from Alaska on Saturday.
                  We flew there on JUL 4th...Austin to Atlanta and then direct flight to Alaska.

We had our CVOID Tests done at Ft Hood 4 days prior to going and had results within 48 hours. When you arrive Anchorage Airport you have to show results (we did not have to have another test done at the airport) or quarantine for 14 days. Also, you have to fill out a Declaration Form online prior to arrival or once you get there.

All businesses in Anchorage require mask to walk into..
                  Tourism is off 90% and a lot of places are closed, especially up in Denali area.

Go to the Traveler's Portion/link on the below website:

Also within the website you can go to individual areas to see the CVOID restrictions in place..
                  What he said ^^^^
                  I fly in and out twice a month. You just need a negative test within 72 hours, no secondary test needed at the airport. Not saying you should, but the checkpoint is easily bypassed.

Comment

any suggestions for a immediate results test. Driving up to KC first.

Flying out of KC with my Dad, daughter and nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
                      any suggestions for a immediate results test. Driving up to KC first.

Flying out of KC with my Dad, daughter and nephew.
                      Don't now of any Immediate Results places. Most are 48 hours to 7 days in getting results. Biggest issue I found was finding a place that would do the test without you showing any health problems from CVOID.

Also, what is Kansas requirements for travel into and out of state? You may have to quarantine 14 days just for entering into the state...I wouldn't be surprised to see them add Texas to the list in near future.

Last edited by rossn2; 07-15-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Yep they are running low on test and the wait time for test results is also getting delayed bc of the new cases. It will be difficult to get that results back within 3 days

Comment

Should be in Alaska fishing right now but cancelled our trip due to stupidity.

With all the testing and possible quarantine the trip lost FUN.

MAYBE AFTER THE NOV ELECTION.

Comment

Have a friend up there right now. He left last a week ago today. Judged a field trial last weekend and this coming weekend and is spending this week fly fishing north of Anchorage. He was tested prior to heading up there.

Comment

Working...
                            X