Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 6x6 box blind, any opinions or suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 6x6 box blind, any opinions or suggestions?

So my daughter (she's 7) is going to start hunting with me this year and I want to get a bigger blind. I want a 6x6 so I have room to put a cot in it in case she wants to take a nap or sleep when we get in the stand early.

I want a pretty nice blind so I can make her experience as enjoyable as possible. I want this to be my hunting buddy for life! LOL.

Any opinions or suggestions on blinds that you have or have seen? It is so hard to shop for blinds online. All our current blinds we built. This time I'm looking for an upgrade, preferably not a wood blind.

Thanks

PM sent

Comment

Also, I have a 10' tower with porch & ladder. Really just looking to get a new blind. This blind will be for rifle hunting.

Comment

Do you have a price range?

Comment

i have a Dillon fiberglass 5'1/2 x 5'1/2. I like it. They also make a 6x6 but its a octagon.

Comment

Price range I guess around $2k-$3k, depends on the blind.

How is the Dillon in the heat? Is it like an oven? I've never hunted a fiberglass blind before.

Comment

6x6 won't leave much room with a cot and 2 chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy97 View Post
                Price range I guess around $2k-$3k, depends on the blind.

How is the Dillon in the heat? Is it like an oven? I've never hunted a fiberglass blind before.
                Its not any hotter than any other stand i have hunted. That being said, I've only hunted wood or fiberglass. We have found them to be super durable. Our oldest one is 15 yrs or so. its blown over twice, only had to replace one window. i have another 4x6 that was struck by lightning, it cracked the door jam down low but that was about it. Woodpeckers gave us hell on our wood stands, that's why we changed to fiberglass. No more issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy97 View Post
                  So my daughter (she's 7) is going to start hunting with me this year and I want to get a bigger blind. I want a 6x6 so I have room to put a cot in it in case she wants to take a nap or sleep when we get in the stand early.

I want a pretty nice blind so I can make her experience as enjoyable as possible. I want this to be my hunting buddy for life! LOL.

Any opinions or suggestions on blinds that you have or have seen? It is so hard to shop for blinds online. All our current blinds we built. This time I'm looking for an upgrade, preferably not a wood blind.

Thanks

Muddy Bull blinds aren’t bad for the money 2999.00 comes with tower. My daughter likes it (same thing here want her as hunting buddy for life). She knocked one down and is now hooked

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                    6x6 won't leave much room with a cot and 2 chairs.
                    Currently I hunt a 4x6, with plenty of room. I figured an extra 2' on the back side would give her room for a cot. I found cots that are approx 25" wide.

Looking at the sponsors here, the redneck blinds look nice. Anyone hunt those?

Comment

Originally posted by Freer View Post
                      Its not any hotter than any other stand i have hunted. That being said, I've only hunted wood or fiberglass. We have found them to be super durable. Our oldest one is 15 yrs or so. its blown over twice, only had to replace one window. i have another 4x6 that was struck by lightning, it cracked the door jam down low but that was about it. Woodpeckers gave us hell on our wood stands, that's why we changed to fiberglass. No more issues.
                      Thanks! I'll look in to those.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkHunter80 View Post
                        Muddy Bull blinds aren’t bad for the money 2999.00 comes with tower. My daughter likes it (same thing here want her as hunting buddy for life). She knocked one down and is now hooked
                        Awesome! I'll look them up.

Comment

Try

https://redneckblinds.com/collection...uck-palace-360

or

https://redneckblinds.com/collection...-6x7-360-blind

one of the TBH guys is a dealer

Comment

Check out the "antler shed" deer blinds. My local feed store has some and they look real nice. Dont remember the price, but when I looked I remember thinking they were not priced too bad.

Comment

Please take a look at the 5x7 Octagon Blind from Texas Hunter. You will be hard pressed to find a better blind on the market. We have it available in Ground ($2,999), 4FT ($3,349) and 8FT ($3,649). Let me know if you have any questions and I can hook you up with one of our dealers. Lansdowne-Moody in Conroe has these in stock so you can put your hands on them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

• Coosa Composite Floor that will never rot and insects can’t penetrate it
                              • Maintenance Free Aluminum Siding
                              • One Piece Galvanized Roof Cap (no seams in the ceiling to leak)
                              • Glass Deer View windows secured with magnets on the inside that seal tight (no weather or wasp). You can clean both sides of the glass from inside the blind.
                              • Hide-A-Way Dual Window System for hunter concealment
                              • Carpeted Ceiling and Walls that acts as sound and scent barrier. Carpet is a recycled plastic that will never rot.
                              • Power-Coated Steel Tower, Staircase, Handrails
                              • Comes with Sportsman Shooting Shelf (3 Cup Holders, Swivel Shooting Rest, Camera & Phone Mount)
                              • Rain Guards over the windows
                              • Available in Rifle or Combo (no extra charge)

Comment

Working...
                              X