No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a float Sunday on the upper Colorado between pumphouse and radium. Little slow at first but when the sun got a little higher the fishing got hot. I threw a streamer all day and my buddy went with the hopper dropper. Dropper rig caught a bunch more but watching them chase that streamer is a blast. All browns. Very poor job with pictures

Comment

[quote=Derrik;14974420]Did a float Sunday on the upper Colorado between pumphouse and radium. Little slow at first but when the sun got a little higher the fishing got hot. I threw a streamer all day and my buddy went with the hopper dropper. Dropper rig caught a bunch more but watching them chase that streamer is a blast. All browns. Very poor job with pictures

I can appreciate you sticking to the streamer because this is coming from a guy with 2 cliff boxes full of them

Comment

little brown

Arkansas river, Co.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
          Did a float Sunday on the upper Colorado between pumphouse and radium. Little slow at first but when the sun got a little higher the fishing got hot. I threw a streamer all day and my buddy went with the hopper dropper. Dropper rig caught a bunch more but watching them chase that streamer is a blast. All browns. Very poor job with pictures

Floated that stretch a bunch. My brother was up there last week and fished the Roaring Fork and killed them all day on a float trip. I'm hoping to get up there the last week of August if I can....

Comment

Fly only. I dish llano and brushy creek a lot. I Have a place on the north fork of the Gabe. These both came out 4th of July weekend.
            Last edited by dosrobles; 01-26-2022, 06:50 AM.

Comment

cool photos, I've been an avid fisherman all my life

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                And how’d ya do??
                Sorry just saw this. We did good. Did not spend too much time a one spot. Took my first float trip in the Gunnison. That was a blast.

Comment

Got a 17.5" largemouth bass on the Moonshine Vesper 9ft 5wt and a 3.5" Tan Gamechanger. Check out the review in the link.
                  https://youtu.be/cu1dHoO6KFs

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Always love to flyfish- heading to CO next week

Comment

As water levels drop on the Blanco I’ve been trying to sight cast to carp with zero luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I just bought a new TFO 4wt fly rod. I'm going to take it and my 5wt to Montana here in another week. Looking forward to fishing the Bob Marshall wilderness area.

Comment

Leave in two weeks for Colorado. Spending a week in South Fork and the area. Can't wait. Got two floats lined up and maybe sneak in a night float with streamers trying to find my big brown.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                            Leave in two weeks for Colorado. Spending a week in South Fork and the area. Can't wait. Got two floats lined up and maybe sneak in a night float with streamers trying to find my big brown.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
                            I definitely want to hit the river at night. Hoping to accidentally catch a bull up there while fishing for rainbow's and browns.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                              As water levels drop on the Blanco I’ve been trying to sight cast to carp with zero luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
                              Carp are spooky. What has worked best for me is to find them tailing in shallow water, and then make as gentle of a presentation as you can either several feet ahead of them or 2-3 feet behind them. And then let the fly sit until they turn towards it and get close enough to see it. Then give it a twitch or two to get their attention. If you are wading or in a kayak or something and the carp is feeding along the shoreline, that's when a cast behind them works great. Slip the fly up near them while they're facing the shore, and then twitch it when they turn around.

Woolly buggers or small crawfish patterns work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Carp are spooky. What has worked best for me is to find them tailing in shallow water, and then make as gentle of a presentation as you can either several feet ahead of them or 2-3 feet behind them. And then let the fly sit until they turn towards it and get close enough to see it. Then give it a twitch or two to get their attention. If you are wading or in a kayak or something and the carp is feeding along the shoreline, that's when a cast behind them works great. Slip the fly up near them while they're facing the shore, and then twitch it when they turn around.

Woolly buggers or small crawfish patterns work well.
                                Thanks for the tips Shane.

Comment

Working...
                                X