Hit a big milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    200K is pretty good, for a 3V engine. I would plan on having to put cam phasers, timing chains and chain guides, in the near future. Valve stem seals would also be a good idea.

A buddy of mine got either 280K or 480K out of his F250 with a 5.4, before the cam phasers went bad, that thing made all types of noise. I think the chain guides and chains were also completely worn out.

Good call. Everything appears nice and tight (quiet) now, but certainly something I'm keeping my eyes and ears on.

Glad to see others getting 200k+ out of their 5.4 engines. So far, my only "big" issues have been the original spark plugs (3 broke and had to be extracted), and the coil packs. Luckily I was well able to perform these repairs myself, so it hasn't been much out of pocket expense for me.

Comment

My pops drove his 01 5.4 until 170K and I took it the next 50K to 220K and my sister topped it out at 23XK. It was burning some oil at the end but ultimately was traded in towards a new truck for dad. Great trucks for sure. Congrats on the milestone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats you should have many more miles to go long as you take care of it. I got an 01 with the 4.6 with 307k and still running strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
          Nice, my '12 Silverado 6.2L just rolled over on 200K last month. Trying to run it another 100K
          Now here is a real world record.

Comment

Great job of doing your own maintenance. My 2006 Honda Pilot V6 has 219,000, but scheduled maintenance calls for a new timing chain and water pump that I have been putting off. I have my dealer keep it on the road.

Comment

Hit a big milestone

It’s a blurry pic. The odometer doesn’t always come on. 2000 F150 V6.
              A little over 372,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

285k right now on my 04 chevy 1500. love that 5.3

Comment

I put together a video on my channel about how to maintain a truck for the long haul.

How to Maintain Your Truck to Over 200000 Miles

Enjoy!

Comment

I miss my 08 5.4, too bad I'm an idiot and wrecked it

Comment

I use to own a 1980 Ford Ranger lariat. It’s was a full size truck not a mini Ranger. It had a manual transmission. When I sold it to a friend it he 428,000 miles on it. He drove it to 500,000 and then sold it to his dad to use as a lease truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                        I have a 2000 GMC sierra I bought right after highschool when I started my first real job. It is approaching 293k miles. Starting to put some money into it now and pass it down to my oldest son who will be 16 in August.
                        It's nice having a reliable truck. Congrats. I had a 2000 Tundra I just sold to my neighbor with 278000 on it. I had to replace the dang radiator. Everything else was just maintenance.

Comment

I must have jinxed something bragging about my truck - it's in the shop now with transmission issues, of course, on the week we're moving to Rockport.

It suddenly wouldn't shift past 2nd gear, and the shop is taking it apart today to assess the damage and figure out what needs to be repaired/replaced. They don't think it will need a full transmission replacement, so that's something. Keep your fingers crossed for a reasonable result!

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
                            I must have jinxed something bragging about my truck - it's in the shop now with transmission issues, of course, on the week we're moving to Rockport.

It suddenly wouldn't shift past 2nd gear, and the shop is taking it apart today to assess the damage and figure out what needs to be repaired/replaced. They don't think it will need a full transmission replacement, so that's something. Keep your fingers crossed for a reasonable result!
                            Hoping for the best. I have a 97 Chevy single cab short bed with around 195k. Bought it in college in 2012 for $3,600. Almost made the mistake of selling it once... Got the 5.7 vortex. Love that truck!

Comment

Working...
                            X