No announcement yet.

6X6 or 6x8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have two shooters in the blind which is what me and my daughter are if she is with me I would make it 8x8 with 4 diagonal windows . It can give both shooters 2 windows to shoot out of and give y’all plenty of room to draw . Works awesome on a group of hogs . Both can draw and shoot at the same time .

Comment

If you are wanting to hunt 360 degrees I would go 8x8 but all my setups are about 270 degree and a 6x6 is plenty. Wind rarely allows me to hunt 360 in a bow blind.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
        5x6 is plenty wide
        [ATTACH]1008464[/ATTACH]
        Nice! Can you tell me what windows those are..?

Comment

Tried bow hunting out of 6 x 6 and it was a little cramped for me. Next will be 8 x 8.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also I'm a big fan of shorter compact windows. And if you are truly on the ground, slighty wide is better than taller. Long tall windows let too much light in for the gut trying to stay blacked out in his blind in my experience. I started out with long windows and eventually shut them down with crossboards at the top in my first builds. Also....big windows on the side will get you busted by deer silhouetting your movement between the two. I guess in general too many windows and two big of windows are or can be a bad thing in my experience

Comment

I have both 6x6 and 8x8. The 8x8 is too big. 6x6 hunts better.

I don't see why you would go 6x5 if you are buying siding in 4 foot sheets. You can buy 6 pieces and make sides for a 6x6 with no waste. If I go 5 feet on the sides I'm just going to have 2 foot of wasted siding. Might as well go 6 and get that extra foot. The framing works out better too with a 2x4 at 24 inches and 48 inches on every wall. You can knock out a 6x6 fast.

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
                Tried bow hunting out of 6 x 6 and it was a little cramped for me. Next will be 8 x 8.

Dang how big a boy are you? I'm a BIG ol' boy with two offfice chairs, a propane tank/table and shelves and I've never felt cramped. Hell Skinny (6'5 280) and I hunted in my 6x6s and he had plenty of room to shoot..

Click image for larger version

Name:	img745.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	24621385

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  I have both 6x6 and 8x8. The 8x8 is too big. 6x6 hunts better.

I don't see why you would go 6x5 if you are buying siding in 4 foot sheets. You can buy 6 pieces and make sides for a 6x6 with no waste. If I go 5 feet on the sides I'm just going to have 2 foot of wasted siding. Might as well go 6 and get that extra foot. The framing works out better too with a 2x4 at 24 inches and 48 inches on every wall. You can knock out a 6x6 fast.

Good point....you gotta buy it anyway....might as well take advantage of it.

Comment

We built a 6x8 a couple years ago. We have fit three adults and three kids in it, but it was tight, and we were rifle hunting.

Comment

6x6 works well for me. I'm 6'2" so I am glad to have the extra room. 8x8 would be harder to get set up and you don't really need that much room unless you have 3 people in it. I made mine 6' tall also. Can't really stand up to shoot but it's a good height overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Dang how big a boy are you? I'm a BIG ol' boy with two offfice chairs, a propane tank/table and shelves and I've never felt cramped. Hell Skinny (6'5 280) and I hunted in my 6x6s and he had plenty of room to shoot..

[ATTACH]1008468[/ATTACH]
                        Smart, you ain't making my choice any easier, lol! If you and Skinny can hunt comfortable out of it, then I may be alright, just barely!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                          5x6 is plenty wide
                          [ATTACH]1008464[/ATTACH]
                          looks good. Do you have anymore pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            Smart, you ain't making my choice any easier, lol! If you and Skinny can hunt comfortable out of it, then I may be alright, just barely!

Hahahahaha......haas there is no doubt 6x8 would have been more comfortable with us two big ol boys.....but 6x6 was fine. 8x8 is a little deep for my liking. I like to back up to the back corner, lean against the blind backwall while in there and hide in the shadows....... In an 8 x 8, I feel like I need to be sitting closer to the window towards the middle of the blind with my windows configs. I'd probably shoot an arrow through the bottom of my windows against the back wall in an 8x8. But again that's just my personal preferences with my window preferences in blinds that sit on 4x8" concrete blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[ATTACH]1008468[/ATTACH]
                              It's 4" shy of 6'. It was fine for 2 kids and a gun with a fold down shooting shelf, heater, and 3 chairs. Not so much with a bow. Guess I'm used to hunting from a hang on stand.

Comment

4x6 is fine for 1 person bow hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X