Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
    Why no bow hunting? That just seems like a stupid rule to have. I can get the no night hunting, but no bow hunting and only weekends is just silly. Either a hard nosed landowner or lease manager and several guys that can’t hunt anything but weekends and and don’t bow hunt and they don’t want others to have advantage. I hope the day never comes where I have to be in such a lease. OP, if the good times out way the bad...stay. If they don’t and you’re constantly frustrated and annoyed, move on.
    It's this right here.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
      If it isn't fun, get out. Life's too short.
      x2

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        I wouldn’t want it on my lease during season. In fact no night hunting during season has been a rule on more than a couple leases I have been on. People are there to deer hunt during season and regardless of size rounds going off through the night it will have an effect on the deer within proximity to that area. 3200 acs. with 16 guys is tight as it is at 200 acs.
        a hunter. I suspect the lease boss just assumed it was a given there would be no night hunting during season so the rule was not in writing. I also suspect he is getting a earful from other paying members and had to act.

I guess I should note I was focused on the night hunting. I would not have been on a lease with those additional rules to start with.
        I second this. No night hunting should be allowed DURING season. All the other rules however are TOO much. I would look elsewhere, just visit as a guest for the comradery.... if thats even allowed LOL

Comment

I was loading my stuff up after reading your second paragraph!!!!
          But I do agree with no night hunting..

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
            no bow hunting, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No driving around midday to check cameras. No exceptions.
            Those are some whack rules right there. Pack your crap and run.

Comment

Sounds like you dont get to hunt much on your hunting lease.

Find a new lease with 3 openings and take FIL and BFF with you.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the majority. I would think about getting out. Too many rules for me if I was paying that kind of money.

Comment

My best hunts are Tuesday through Friday when no one is on the lease. I also enjoy camping all year. I would have never got on the place. You will make friends at any lease as most hunters are similar minded.

Comment

Heck, you had me out at NO BOW HUNTING!
                    I can understand why they don't want you hunting at night during deer season but if that's something that you want to do then I'd start looking else where. Most places I've ever been on we kept coyote and night hunting for "off season" unless one just happened by while you were on stand.
                    Good luck to ya. Find what makes you happy

Comment

I’m out on the Fri, Sat & Sun only deal. Screams weekday day hunt operation.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                        No night hunting or joy riding during deer season are 2 of our only rules. Maybe the other guys don't appreciate gunfire at night within 500 yards of camp.

The only hunting Friday-Sunday would have kept me from getting on to begin with.

Good luck, hope you find a better fit.
                        I don’t have a problem with either of those two rules IF they’re in place before money is taken for that season. You don’t get change the rules mid game just because you don’t like the way the game is turning out.

Comment

The minute you start having doubts about a lease it is time to start looking. It only gets worse. When you aren't totally happy when you get there ,it is time to leave. Too much money and lost enjoyment time.
                          Last edited by DUKFVR; 12-06-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Yeah I agreed and understood the night hunting deal, which I didn't really argue about. It was the lease manager not willing to compromise and let us, who want to, bow hunt. I think that's the straw that broke the camel's back.

Good input from you guys.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone that does night hunt on their place during the season and how, if at all, it affects the deer. Are there special rules in place for hunting at night or how does it work where it's being done successfully?

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                              Heck, you had me out at NO BOW HUNTING!
                              I can understand why they don't want you hunting at night during deer season but if that's something that you want to do then I'd start looking else where. Most places I've ever been on we kept coyote and night hunting for "off season" unless one just happened by while you were on stand.
                              Good luck to ya. Find what makes you happy
                              I'd be good with that... IF we were able to hunt during the off season. That'd be the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                                I don’t have a problem with either of those two rules IF they’re in place before money is taken for that season. You don’t get change the rules mid game just because you don’t like the way the game is turning out.
                                Another reason here. Felt like it was a bait and switch waiting until a week before the season started to make a new rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X