New truck shopping ?’s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New truck shopping ?’s.

I am now in the market for a new truck. Looking at a F250 Super Duty but not sure if I want to go with gas or diesel. No higher trim than an XLT but do not know the difference in the STX or XL trim pkg. We may be fixing to purchase about 6 acres so I may need a small tractor. Doubtful I will be towing much except for a possible tractor. Not sure I can justify the cost difference between the gas and diesel either. Wanting a long bed also. Pretty good discounts on the 2019 models that I have seen so will probably go that route.
    Thought, suggestions and possibly the best place/deals to buy. Thanks!

Don't discount half tons....can save a few bucks....I pull a 31' camper on occasion....an 8' x 16' dual axle with a 36hp Kubota with front end loader and 6' heavy duty disc....etc..... no problems with a 150 5.4L....newer model engines, 5.0 and larger EB's, supposedly pull even better...

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-30-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
      Don't discount half tons....can save a few bucks....I pull a 31' camper on occasion....an 8' x 16' dual axle with a 36hp Kubota with a front end loader and 6' heavy duty disc....etc..... no problems with a 150 5.4L....newer model engines, 5.0 and larger EB's, supposedly pull even better...

I have a 2014 F150 that my wife is taking over so I want something bigger. I HATE the bed size on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        I have a 2014 F150 that my wife is taking over so I want something bigger. I HATE the bed size on it!
        Boy, do I get it.....BOTH the taking over AND the bed size....[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
          Boy, do I get it.....BOTH the taking over AND the bed size....[emoji6]

Wife sold out so I get a new truck! She is retiring on Dec 31 and has a company vehicle so we have to get something. I also have a long ponytail that she absolutely HATES so she said if I get it cut OFF she would take my truck and I could get what I want. Could not pass up that deal. Getting it cut Tuesday morning!

Comment

Aww man....lol.....perfect...sharp Buck knife, save a few bucks....[emoji6] I gave my wife my old Chevy hunting truck and the Land Rover she wanted.... Partially regretted one, DEFINITELY regretted the other....hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Wife sold out so I get a new truck! She is retiring on Dec 31 and has a company vehicle so we have to get something. I also have a long ponytail that she absolutely HATES so she said if I get it cut OFF she would take my truck and I could get what I want. Could not pass up that deal. Getting it cut Tuesday morning!
              Get the truck first........

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                Get the truck first........
                Lol

Comment

Ponytail?.....you prolly need to look at Tundras.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Ponytail?.....you prolly need to look at Tundras.
                    Nope, the tail is gone as of Tuesday.

Comment

My wife has a 17 F150 with the EcoBoost. It has the max tow package which included several upgrades. I've only pulled 7k lbs with it but it'll drag and stop it as fast as you need it to. It has the shorter 5.6' bed but I didnt want the 6.5' bed for her. If it would've been for me I'd have opted for it and the big tow mirrors. It averages 18 for her and nearly 20mph on the highway. It has a little larger/heavier tire and 2" leveling kit.

Comment

6.2 with 4.30 gears will do all you ever need it to. Also, consider the F-350 in the gasser variant. It has the 6R140 transmission and Dana M-275 rear axle when the gasser 250 will have the 6R100 and Sterling 10.5 rear. As for as XL, XLT, or STX is consider the STX package. These days they come pretty well optioned our, and not a bare bones truck but still priced similarly to the XLs. A good middle grounds between the XL and XLT. The long bed crew cab has the added benefit of the 48 gal fuel tank. Long bed super cabs and crew cab short beds both sport the smaller 32 gallon tank.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          6.2 with 4.30 gears will do all you ever need it to. Also, consider the F-350 in the gasser variant. It has the 6R140 transmission and Dana M-275 rear axle when the gasser 250 will have the 6R100 and Sterling 10.5 rear. As for as XL, XLT, or STX is consider the STX package. These days they come pretty well optioned our, and not a bare bones truck but still priced similarly to the XLs. A good middle grounds between the XL and XLT. The long bed crew cab has the added benefit of the 48 gal fuel tank. Long bed super cabs and crew cab short beds both sport the smaller 32 gallon tank.
                          Thank you!

Comment

I got a 2017 F350 6.7PSD XL extended cab long bed, No bells & whistles $45K. My only requirements were ext.cab, long bed, 6.7, and a usb port for the wife. Love it.

Basically a fleet truck, (that might help you save enough for a tractor).

Comment

Thanks for the opinions but I want an 8’ bed which is not available in an F150. I need and want bed space as much as anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X