First duck hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First duck hunt

Since my deer season is over, went out and chased ducks for the first legitimate time this morning. I've tagged along a couple times before, but nothing legit. Now I see why people get hooked. I had a blast and we only killed 3 birds.

Got setup on some small, but public, water off Ray Roberts. First choice spot was already taken, so second spot it was. Got set up and waited in the 18⁰ weather. What a beautiful sunrise God painted for us this morning. Had a teal land in the spread and mill around for probably 20 minutes and ejected literally 2 minutes before legal light. I'm gonna grab my stuff and make a solo run in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spoonbillakilla! Good start

Get to know your ducks in the air and their limits before you start doing too much on your own. Johnny law don't play around with federal migratory game

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Get to know your ducks in the air and their limits before you start doing too much on your own. Johnny law don't play around with federal migratory game
      Great point! I did alot of learning today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on stackin a few quackers! I went hunting Saturday morning for the first time and got skunked. Had two birds attempt to drop in 5 minutes before legal shooting light and those were the only birds I saw. Hoping we start getting some more numbers down here soon.

Comment

The #1 rule of public land duck hunting is you dont talk about public land duck hunting.

Congrats though, duck hunting is a blast.

Comment

Good start and yes learn to get to know what species is buzzing your spread. I've seen a guy cook up bootlip tongue and looked good and he swears by it but I haven't personally tried them . Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Congrats and good luck on future hunts. Its like crack and meth combined. Once you try it you are in trouble! Lol!

Comment

No need to worry until the first one is down and its one that has a limit. Like Pintail this year in 1.

BTW, congrats on your Central Texas Mallard. You are an official member of the Spoon Platoon.

Comment

Smiling mallard

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt. Duck hunting is the most addictive type of hunting to me. I did quite a bit growing up and then took a 15 year break and am just now getting back into it as my son is getting old enough to get out there. Forgot how much I loved it.

Comment

Stop now, your bank account will thank you. I grew up deer hunting and only started duck hunting when I was in college. While I love the outdoors and hunting of any kind, duck hunting is my favorite. I have a 16 month old son and can wait to get him in a blind and hunting with me.

Comment

Spoonbillakilla!
                        Bwahahaha!!

Comment

Working...
                        X