2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    This is crappie fishing Wyoming style, this time of the year anyway.
    Spouse went out with friends and pulled up a mixed bag.
    Hopefully a few walleye are caught on the next trip.

I've caught em in snow but never pulled one through the ice before!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      This is crappie fishing Wyoming style, this time of the year anyway.
      Spouse went out with friends and pulled up a mixed bag.
      Hopefully a few walleye are caught on the next trip.
      No thank you

Comment

No ice chest needed on that trip!!!

I will say I always wanted to go ice fishing, but i wanted to be in one of those little ice houses with a heater and a good looking female fishin partner!!

Comment

Congrats on the win. It had to be a brutal day out there. Come on May, I can't figure these power plant crappie out in the winter.

>E

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
            Congrats on the win. It had to be a brutal day out there. Come on May, I can't figure these power plant crappie out in the winter.

>E

Thanks! We were out there dreaming about flip flop weather again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude I cant every imagine how rough it was out there Sat. Congats on the wind. yall worked for that one.

Comment

My home lake,(lake of the pines) is a mass right now so I fished Bob Sandlin Friday evening and again Saturday morning. Lot of fish on the sonar but I couldn’t get them to bite.
                Went out by the dam this morning on LOP and pretty much the same thing, lots of fish on sonar but no bites. I went home around noon and spent a couple of hours feeling sorry for my self.
                Went out again this afternoon way South in the creek that feeds the lake and caught 25 in two hours.
                Just when I decide I can’t catch fish, then I do.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	C444238E-0D93-448F-A847-52CBF2B89CDE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	24568263

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  My home lake,(lake of the pines) is a mass right now so I fished Bob Sandlin Friday evening and again Saturday morning. Lot of fish on the sonar but I couldn’t get them to bite.

Went out by the dam this morning on LOP and pretty much the same thing, lots of fish on sonar but no bites. I went home around noon and spent a couple of hours feeling sorry for my self.

Went out again this afternoon way South in the creek that feeds the lake and caught 25 in two hours.

Just when I decide I can’t catch fish, then I do.

[ATTACH]943866[/ATTACH]
                  How deep were they in the creek? Water temp?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to the river today in search of sandies and crappie. Didn't catch a one. And only got one bite.

Name:	20190127_150332.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24568265

It was fun on ultralight tackle with 8lb test, and no dip net, on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      How deep were they in the creek? Water temp?

12 foot of water, I didn’t pay any attention to the water temperature...sorry

Comment

12 foot of water, I didn’t pay any attention to the water temperature...sorry
                        I gotta rethink my strategy (crappie always deep in the winter).
                        I fished Saturday and found lots of fish in my usual deep water spots (30-60 ft) but couldn't get them to hit a jig for nothing. Others were catching a few around me on minnows but not like normal.
                        Fishing in the shallows (less than 20ft) not even on my radar this time of year....

Comment

Hit the marina on Lake Belton this weekend. It was horribly slow. Have been fishing there for 20 years and never seen it this slow. IDK? The lake is high, letting out a lot water maybe that's it? Good luck out there.

Comment

I'm going to be hitting Waco pretty soon, so I'll report back. I haven't heard much on the crappie, but the blues are acting up I did hear.

Comment

Went up the creek yesterday afternoon. Didn't catch but 6 crappie, the Sand bass would not let my jig alone. Threw back the first 5 or 6 then decided to keep the next 15

Name:	IMG_2801.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	24568331

Comment

Went up the creek yesterday afternoon. Didn't catch but 6 crappie, the Sand bass would not let my jig alone. Threw back the first 5 or 6 then decided to keep the next 15
                                [ATTACH]944016[/ATTACH]
                                How deep were the whites? Trying get a few on the fly

Comment

Working...
                                X