Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Fisher, Jones, Nolan, Runnels, Shackelford, Taylor...5th Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are back in the stand this afternoon. A lot of acorns still on the ground and the rancher is planting wheat about 200 yards behind us. I guess we will see if the tractor bothers them.

Comment

Tractor didn’t bother them much. Seven does and a basket rack eleven point so far. Big boy better hurry up.

Comment

Watched a buck chasing a hot doe this evening. Had a clean miss on a doe at 25. Starting to have confidence issues!

Comment

With this being the mule deer opener in Fisher county I have my focus there passed a decent 3x4 this morning and have a big group of does patterned. If only the rut was a little closer. Going to keep picking canyons apart tomorrow. Saw quite a few whitetail does and some decent bucks but nothing worth shooting yet.

Comment

Northwest Coleman county deer pretty much nonexistent few deer at feeders if any at all...first year on place and was just curious if it gets better when acorns finally rot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              With this being the mule deer opener in Fisher county I have my focus there passed a decent 3x4 this morning and have a big group of does patterned. If only the rut was a little closer. Going to keep picking canyons apart tomorrow. Saw quite a few whitetail does and some decent bucks but nothing worth shooting yet.

Man I thought I knew Fisher well, been on my place south of Roby since I was a kid. Where the heck are you finding canyons and mule deer?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Man I thought I knew Fisher well, been on my place south of Roby since I was a kid. Where the heck are you finding canyons and mule deer?
                North and NE part of the county

Comment

Northern part of the county north of Rotan on the double mountain fork of the brazos.

Here is a mule deer from a few years back we have a couple of really good bucks this year if I can just turn them up. Wish season started a week or two later
                  Attached Files

Comment

Any updates? What’s everyone seeing? I’m just north of Coleman. Thought I would see a lot more movement this morning after the rain. Yesterday evening had a buck come thru nose to the ground. Circled the feeder pin and left. Didn’t eat a bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad shot this old 8pt off our Fisher county place this evening
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to your dad!

Comment

Congrats to your Dad!

Comment

Deader’n’a doornail all weekend. I switched over to a gun to at least put some meat in the cooler but not see in’ a durn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Deader’n’a doornail all weekend. I switched over to a gun to at least put some meat in the cooler but not see in’ a durn thing.
                              Ditto. By dark I will have spent 8 hours in the stand today and so far I’ve only seen turkeys. Haven’t heard any shots either. Just one of those low/no movement days I reckon

Comment

I did have a spike come in this evening but I’m
                                not shooting spikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X