S.h.n.f. 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
    If you know there's deer, sit it as much as you can without disturbing it. Ways you can do this are to not sit it on unfavorable winds, don't check cams too often, make sure the thermals are good on the days you sit it. Do that and you'll get a handful of productive sits. Aside from that there's not much you can do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Saw 1 doe and 1 hog. Both flew by me running from something. And the doe saw me at the last second and choose to sound an alarm. Was very nice of her.

Buddy I was hunting with did about the same. One doe came flying by him and no way to get a shot off.

I'm undecided if I'll go back for muzzleloader or rest of rifle season Its 3 hours away, so makes for a long day to go and come back.

Good luck to the rest of you that are hunting out there. Really is a great place to get out into the woods.

Comment

Is anyone planning on making a trip tomorrow through Thursday? I won an antlerless permit and was wondering if anyone could help me fill it by pointing me in the right direction. I’ll leave your bucks alone - just want a fat doe for the freezer. I’d be camping in a tent if a spot is open. I’ve never been there so any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Testing out the saddle for the first time at the Sam. Hoping to at least fill my doe tag!

Be on the lookout for a free tree stand in the classifieds soon. I'm done with stands!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          Testing out the saddle for the first time at the Sam. Hoping to at least fill my doe tag!

Be on the lookout for a free tree stand in the classifieds soon. I'm done with stands!
          What kinda stand is it? I might be interested

Comment

Also haven't gotten into the Sam in a good minute, classes kept me too busy to make it out. Of course, when I checked my cams there were some beauties out there. So I'm gonna sit from the 28th till the end of general, and then go for some does or a spike during muzzleloader.

Comment

I'm crushed...

At about 4:30 I heard what sounded like a person running through the woods towards me.

The brush off to my right was super thick so I couldn't see what it was until it was right below me, it was a buck!!

I watched him for a good 5 minutes and couldn't get a good look at his antlers to see if he made AR, I had several good shots on him but just couldn't verify if he was legal.

He was perfectly calm feeding out into an open spot where I would have been able to verify him and get an awesome shot then ***WHEEEEEEWW*** he blew out and ran off full blast, taking a huge dump on all my dreams and giving me a perfect view of his rather substantial, very much over 13" wide rack...

I ranged the tree he was behind after he blew out and he was 12 yards away!

My wind was good so the only thing I can think of is he either smelled me where I walked through or saw my climbing sticks and got spooked.

I ended up hearing another deer later on and seeing another legal buck about 30 minutes later that I couldn't get a shot on so it seems like I may have found a honey hole!

Looks like we are having a cold front Sunday so I'll be out there again!
              Last edited by Jspradley; 12-26-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

What kinda stand is it? I might be interested

Check your PMs sir

Comment

Back at it! Found a nice trail and creek crossing, wind is great and feeling good about tonight!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Man. No acorns at alllllllll. Did find the tops of some around swamp oak. Oh well, found some good spots for next year.

Comment

Plenty of acorns in the Cagle campground!!!!

I didn't see a single critter of any sort yesterday...

Comment

Well looks like the season is almost over, I sat this one out because i had a promising property for doe, greed messed that all up this year andway imma hit the Sam next year hard!!!! Hope to score next year, it was awesome to see the ones that killed this year big congrats to all of yall!!

Comment

Had my dreams crushed twice by the same buck...he came out with 2 minutes left of legal shooting time last evening and I couldn't get a shot.

It's now a blood feud. I'll be waiting for him in October

Comment

Just curious during muzzleloader season can we harvest a doe without special NF anterless tag with archery equipment? I see from TPWD WMA booklet that during muzzleloader season no NF tag required. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                              Just curious during muzzleloader season can we harvest a doe without special NF anterless tag with archery equipment? I see from TPWD WMA booklet that during muzzleloader season no NF tag required. Thanks
                              No. Muzzleloader season is Muzzleloader only, and if you've not taken 2 does during archery you can take 2 during muzzleloader. Also, if you shoot a buck, it must be unbranched. No 13" spread bucks allowed.

Comment

No. Muzzleloader season is Muzzleloader only, and if you've not taken 2 does during archery you can take 2 during muzzleloader. Also, if you shoot a buck, it must be unbranched. No 13" spread bucks allowed.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X