What 6.5grendel bullet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 6.5grendel bullet?

I’ve killed a pile of animals with my grendel and very few have ran far but I’m normally able to put a very good shot on them. With that being said I’m more into night hog hunting lately and have been having great success but I’m looking for a new bullet to shoot.

I’m looking for something a little cheaper and something that offers a bit more expansion. Currently my hand loads are 120gr ELDM and typically I don’t get too large of exits(except coyotes) and at 30-35$ 100 that’s a little pricey to shoot Hogs with.

Anyone have a recommendation or should I not mess up a good thing.

I like the Federal Fusions. I shoot them in everything that will let me. Its the first ammo I buy and go from there. I shoot it in the 6.5G, 30-30, 270, and 243. Only thing I have not shot it in is the old 30.06 that my FIL gave me and I havent even shot it yet. The Hornady American Whitetail shoots good in my 30-30 as well. They did not initially have the Fusions at Academy so I tried a box.

Comment

I initially bought a few boxes of the BLACK. some shot well some didn't. thought it was a scope issue. Swapped scopes same thing. Switched to the Fusions, and everything has been dead since.

Comment

Wife is 1 for 1 on a WT doe @ 100 yrds....105 lb on hoof...40 yrd recovery...absolutely blistered her...

Comment

Just use cheap FMJ for hogs. Put em in the ear hole.

Comment

I just recently switched to 120 GMX's but I enjoyed success with 120 Fusion MSR's. If the GMX's don't work out for me I may go back to the fusions. I am trying to go all copper and get away from lead.

Comment

If you reload, the 123 Amax is pretty nasty on deer and anything smaller than deer. I don’t recommend them if you are wanting to save any hides/furs. They leave some very large holes.

Comment

You can find speer 120 grain projectiles for around 25 cents per. That is the same projectile in federal fusions btw.

Comment

I just got Lola grendel upper in today. I shot it in with the match hornady stuff. Plan on her hunting with the SST or fusions. The fusions from my .223 wylde are devastating but still leave little insurance with a kid shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                    You can find speer 120 grain projectiles for around 25 cents per. That is the same projectile in federal fusions btw.
                    That’s what I’m looking for.

Comment

SST here.

Son gut shot an 8ptr @ 92 yds. He ran 40yds.
                      I shot another 8ptr 20min later @ 107yds. He fell in his tracks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My favorite for Grendel

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                        Wife is 1 for 1 on a WT doe @ 100 yrds....105 lb on hoof...40 yrd recovery...absolutely blistered her...

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
                          My favorite for Grendel
                          How are the exit wounds with the SST?

Comment

I loaded some 120gr Speer gold dots and want to see how they do

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              I loaded some 120gr Speer gold dots and want to see how they do
                              I’m thinking about trying them. I haven’t had any issue with ELD or BTHP but my exits on hogs aren’t that big around, even though it’s not usually needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X