X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he 13” wide?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Maybe ill get me some of that magic protein those high dollar ranches feed and he will be a booner in about 5 more years?
      You know better Eat him !

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
        Is he 13” wide?
        Yeah he is 18.75 wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Older, downhill/crappy deer for sure. I don’t know if I buy 250# though, in SE TX?
          Well I didn't weigh him but 250 would still be a solid estimate. I took his hams and shoulders off then boned all the rest of the meat from the carcass. There wasn'tt room to ice him in a 100 qt ice chest.

Comment

I would love to see his teeth just for reference vs. what you had him aged at on the hoof.

This is a continual ‘discussion’ we have with our biologist. SE Texas deer just seem to age WAY younger by aging teeth than they really are.

I killed one a while back that was 230lb on the hoof, aged 7 by teeth, but I know that deer was pushing 10.

Comment

Click.....boom.... tink

Comment

Congrats again Steve! Just an all around awesome deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome deer! I may have missed it but Where was he taken?

Comment

East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Here he is last year. He was pretty run down in January. He is a little heavier horned and wider this year but still losing points. His body recovery at an amazing rate though. Hes mud fat for his age. I named him HyFive last year.
                      I think the fact that he was so run down at the end of season year before last contributed to his serious decline in antlers last year. He looks much like he did in these pics this year but actually bigger.

Edit... I tried to bring pics forward with the quote from post 27 but they didn't post.
                      Last edited by GarGuy; 11-17-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Stud 6! I'm glad that your dad was able to take him out, Steve I'm a little jealous of him

Comment

Congrats to your dad. Cool deer with cool history

Comment

Congrats to you and your dad! Did you put a tape to him yet?

Comment

I have a mature 3 point that i was gong to shoot. But after seeing this I might wait.

Good looking deer.

Comment

awesome 6!

this thread is some heavy artillery in the cull spikes circus.

Comment

Working...
                                X