No announcement yet.

Hunting With Thumb Releases... Talk Me into It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the four fingers. You can use it like a back tension. Put your thumb on the barrel. When settled in slowly pull back with your little finger and she fires. I use a Carter Hammer. It fits my hand the best.

Comment

I switched from a Scott Little Goose to a Stan Perf-x in September and there is no going back for me. Like Black-N-Red alluded to, every piece of that release is adjustable and able to be customized to fit your hand perfectly.
      Last edited by Patton; 11-14-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Scott little goose to Stan shootoff trio large.... love it. Much better anchor points, easier to draw my bow, and easier shot execution when I do the shot process correctly

Comment

I switched to a thumb release many years ago and will never go back. I strongly suggest hunting with one.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Yes and yes to all your questions. I personally think it will give you a more solid anchor over a wrist style release. Switched many years ago and will not go back.
            X2, Carter just b-cuz for me. Get one and give it yourself time to adjust to it and I bet you’ll never go back to wrist style.

Comment

I have a nock 2 it.. bought it a few weeks ago.. I've only shot it a couple times but it seems like I'll have to lower my peep a good bit and I'm not doing that.. it's tough for me to get to 80 yards now without fletching contact.. I'll play around with it next summer and if I can keep my bow the same then I'll shoot it.. if not I'll probably sell it..

Comment

I never went away from my old Hotshot string release until it broke after 30 years. I hated those wrist band thingys. LOL. I bought a Stan and it only lasted two years before breaking. I liked it though.

Comment

I shoot a Carter Wise Choice and have been happy with it. Shot a wrist for years but shoot better with the thumb. Far more consistent anchor point for me...the change in anchor will mean you need to move your peep sight.

Don't think you will go wrong with either Stan or Carter but really need to go try them out to see what you like as size is a big factor and number of fingers is really personal preference.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

With the release I shoot, I have the best of both, TruBall Max Hunter or Pro and the Buckle strap added.

Comment

I used to hunt with a thumb. Now I use a hinge. I shoot targets with a hinge. I like shooting a hinge. But that's just me.

Comment

I switched from a Carter 2 Shot to a Carter Plain1 about 2 or 3 years ago. It is different than a wrist release for sure. I do shoot a little better with it when I am practiced though.

Comment

I love my Chocolate lite. great little release and no problems.

Comment

A lot of good info!

Comment

Switched about two years ago. Can’t imagine going back. Carter evolution here.

Comment

You guys are talking me into them I'm going to check them out hopefully tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X