Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bow fished Louisiana in December?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bow fished Louisiana in December?

Wife told me today she wants to just get away for Christmas and go to the coast I recommend bow fishing Louisiana for reds and flounder.

I know some of y’all have done some bow fishing in Louisiana but ever in December? Is it worth it? And if so who do you recommend?

I'm in. Watching.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
      I'm in. Watching.
      Another one of them bucket list deals.

Comment

Not sure about December. Just give an outfitter a call. We went in March and it was loaded down with reds.

Comment

It can be really good in December. Give my buddy Andrew messenger a call. He is with hoss bowfishing.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Not sure about December. Just give an outfitter a call. We went in March and it was loaded down with reds.
            Who did y’all use Philip?

Comment

Call Capt Richard with Bow Deadly Bowfishing Charters, and he’ll fix ya up!!!! He always puts us on limits of reds, but we always go in the summer when it’s warm!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We used Capt. Rodney Boudreaux with Deep Delta Bowfishing. He had a big nice airboat and really nice equipment. It was my first time to ever bowfish. We had pretty much nonstop shooting.

Comment

Fishing in Louisiana in December is awesome! Not sure about bowfishing.

Comment

In for info.

Think I'm gonna take the wife and kiddo over this spring and get this done

Chris, go find a good one and we'll all go back?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-11-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I've always wondered this, and maybe someone has the answer. Are there length requirements for reds/trout? Are redfish, trout, and flounder are not considered game fish? Lets say you shoot a undersize red with a bow & arrow. What happens? Release it into the hot grease?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        In for info.

Think I'm gonna take the wife and kiddo over this spring and get this done

Chris, go find a good one and we'll all go back?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you put something together for the spring let me know. Been wanting to get the wife down there.

Comment

We've been with Midnight Blue bowfishing several times and theyre good people. We've filled the boat with limits of reds and mixed in gar and sheephead everytime but one and that was because of a freak super high tide which made seeing any fish almost impossible but we still shot a few. They work hard and will put you on fish. And they will almost always tell you the best time of year to go is December thru March.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            If you put something together for the spring let me know. Been wanting to get the wife down there.
                            For sure.

Ive always heard scale damage. However, the guy I sold my old boat to has opened a bowfishing guide service. Id like to see it around april or so but depends on possibility of axis hunt lining up

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                              I've always wondered this, and maybe someone has the answer. Are there length requirements for reds/trout? Are redfish, trout, and flounder are not considered game fish? Lets say you shoot a undersize red with a bow & arrow. What happens? Release it into the hot grease?
                              limit for reds are 16 inches and they look very small under the water, most that you think are 16 and shoot are normally 20ish inches. The only thing you cant shoot in LA is largemouth bass.

Comment

Working...
                              X