No announcement yet.

7MM vs 300WinMag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been shooting 7 mm all my life hard to change I know there is a little more ke but that has been my go to gun

Comment

Never owned a 7mm mag , but have 3 .300 win , one carted from Mexico to the artic circle For 35 years now
      It shoots federal classic 180 gr , it has never failed to kill any type of game , bears, elk, antelope, loads of WT deer , cannot say I would ever buy a 7mm except maybe a 7mm-08

Comment

Hard to beat a 300 Win and some 180 gr Accubonds. Mine has killed everything from little hill country does up to eland and everything in between. It’s a hell of a round.

Comment

I think you need to let your buddy shoot both of your rifles.

He then needs to determine if he can handle the recoil.

I had a 7mag. First deer rifle I owned. Dam thing kicked like a mule, but I think because of it I'm not recoil sensitive.

Buddy had a Mosin nagant. Said it kicked really bad. First time I fired it I thought I was shooting a bb gun.

I shoot a 270 now and don't feel a thing when its fired.

Sold my 7mag, but have tire kicked getting a new one, but the more I've learned about the 300 the more I think if it get a magnum caliber I should go with it.

Honestly, I think no matter what your buddy chooses he'll be happy.

Again, let him shoot both of your rifles and decide what is a better fit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            I think you need to let your buddy shoot both of your rifles.

He then needs to determine if he can handle the recoil.

I had a 7mag. First deer rifle I owned. Dam thing kicked like a mule, but I think because of it I'm not recoil sensitive.

Buddy had a Mosin nagant. Said it kicked really bad. First time I fired it I thought I was shooting a bb gun.

I shoot a 270 now and don't feel a thing when its fired.

Sold my 7mag, but have tire kicked getting a new one, but the more I've learned about the 300 the more I think if it get a magnum caliber I should go with it.

Honestly, I think no matter what your buddy chooses he'll be happy.

Again, let him shoot both of your rifles and decide what is a better fit for him.

I could let him shoot both of mine however it wouldn’t be a fair comparison as my 300 has a brake and the 7MM doesn’t. The 300 kicks like a 243.

Comment

Working...
            X