SPYPOINT camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPYPOINT camera

Is the SPYPOINT camera any good and app to view off your phone.

For the price point the camera is good. The app is great compared to some others I've dealt with. It blows my stealthcam's app out of the water. Downsides....The pics you get sent to you are just thumbnails and not very high quality. To get the great quality pics you have to pull the card. Also this thing eats batteries like crazy. Your gonna get about 2 to 3 weeks depending on how many animals you have come through. I suggest getting the 12v kit or solar panel if you get it.

Comment

Customer service is BAD!

Comment

I bought one of their SMS cameras last year when Midway was running them on special. It worked well but I figured out why Midway was blowing them out as I received an email from Spypoint in February (I believe) stating that they were discontinuing the communication network for those cameras but if I had bought one and it was still in the warrant period, they'd send a Link EVO to replace it at no charge. That's what I'm using now and have been since about mid spring.

As stated above, the picture quality sent through the app isn't great but it's definitely good enough to monitor activity in the area of interest.

In regards to battery life, I usually get around 3 months out of mine but I have it set to only take a picture every 3 minutes. When I had it set to 1 minute, it definitely went through batteries a lot faster. The rechargeable batteries they sell also seem to last longer than disposables.

Comment

I am running two of the link micros. As stated above, the pics that are sent to you are just thumbnail pictures so they aren’t always the clearest pictures. You will want to set them up closer that you think because they have almost of a zoomed out view. The app is very easy to use compared to the moultrie app i tried this year as well and the price is much better than others. For me it doe the job of letting me know when the deer are moving and if i know what particular buck I’m wanting to hunt, the picture is plenty good enough to know what deer is on camera.

I will probably try one of the new brownings that just came out because i have always had the best luck with browning cameras, but that prob wont happen until next year when the price goes down.

Comment

Working...
          X