Bare shaft tuning issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare shaft tuning issues

Need some help from people more experienced than I at tuning. I rearranged some gear on my bow, and so I went to tune it up again, but am having some issues doing it myself.

So I leveled the rest and arrow while nocked and shot a fletched arrow, and it was tearing nock low. I had one bareshaft and so I shot it as well. With the bareshaft it highlighted how bad it actually was off. See the multi shot pic below. After adjusting the rest down as far as it would go (ultrarest hdx bottomed out) I still have a slight nock low tear. The arrow on the string is pointing down to some degree too. It not being level at all bugs the s#!+ Out of me. But according to my tear it still needs to go lower. What steps should I take next? The best tear I feel is the one pictured by itself. Thanks guys.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antiparadigm; 03-22-2019, 03:20 PM.

Is your knocking point/D Loop where it needs to be for your bow?

Comment

That seems wicked that the QAD would be bottomed out

Comment

That's where it was from the factory. Before all of this it was in the same place.

Comment

If I raised my nock point, theoretically it would help, but then my arrow would be pointing downward even more at full draw... That doesn't seem right.

Comment

Gotcha. If you have a square handy, I would check it (the DLoop that is) for center.

For the arrow point down slightly, sometimes to tune, your nock point may be 1/8" high or so to give the flight you need for the tune/equipment you have.

I have a diamond that is that way - that the arrow sits downhill slightly (bubble on the line) but paper tunes fantastically.

Comment

Is the rest hitting the shelf?

Comment

May need to switch launchers for starters. The setup on the rest is completely wrong. When you buy a QAD new it comes with two launchers, I believe the T-1 will give you more clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That will never work, that rest when down should be level then when up centering the arrow in the Berger hole on the riser, set your nock where arrow is level for starters. First you need to get the bow in spec axel to axel measurement, timing etc.
                  Last edited by clffrdfdge; 03-23-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

When the bow is at brace the arrow should be running through the center of the Berger hole, some guys run it slightly higher. Some bows like Binary‘s will tune best @ nock level, other bows like Single Cams slightly nock high, 1/16-1/8”. With the correct rest/nocking point setup and correct launcher arm the launcher should be parallel to the shelf once deployed.

What kind of bow is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a Martin Max 33. I originally did just that with lining it up and leveling it and it was beautiful (said my OCD). But the arrow was not flying correctly. In order for it to fly right, I have to drop it way too low to where the launcher is hitting the shelf. I will try the other launcher and see if that helps.

Comment

You first have to get that bow in spec or you will be spinning your wheels.

Comment

That's what was odd. It was in spec. I took the flipper off of the rest to refelt it, and adjusted the rest a little, (knowing I would have to re-tune) then put it back on. Think I'll just have to take it to the pro shop.

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                            Need some help from people more experienced than I at tuning. I rearranged some gear on my bow, and so I went to tune it up again, but am having some issues doing it myself.

So I leveled the rest and arrow while nocked and shot a fletched arrow, and it was tearing nock low. I had one bareshaft and so I shot it as well. With the bareshaft it highlighted how bad it actually was off. See the multi shot pic below. After adjusting the rest down as far as it would go (ultrarest hdx bottomed out) I still have a slight nock low tear. The arrow on the string is pointing down to some degree too. It not being level at all bugs the s#!+ Out of me. But according to my tear it still needs to go lower. What steps should I take next? The best tear I feel is the one pictured by itself. Thanks guys.

Yeah need to start over taking the D Loop off and putting a new one on... plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to put on a D Loop. I normally run the shaft of the arrow through your Berger holes (the holes your rest is tightened too) I normally go level or a hair knock high. When rest is down it should be completely flat... also tears in tuning can be from spine of the arrow and other items if bow is in spec

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                              Yeah need to start over taking the D Loop off and putting a new one on... plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to put on a D Loop. I normally run the shaft of the arrow through your Berger holes (the holes your rest is tightened too) I normally go level or a hair knock high. When rest is down it should be completely flat... also tears in tuning can be from spine of the arrow and other items if bow is in spec
                              I'll start by replacing the launcher, then go to that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X