Product Photography Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Photography Experiment

It's hard to get out into the field to shoot photos all the time especially with a busy work schedule, so I tried out some "product photography" or flatlay type of shots yesterday evening to see how they'd turn out. Appreciate any thoughts or critiques.

Flat Lay Rifle Hunter by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

I like! A Passport at the right would have sold the image really nicely.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

that's awesome! looks like a cover for a magazine! I like adding the passport idea that bluesman had but the photo it self is awesome

Comment

I like it. The lighting looks great. My only critique would be to see if you could remove the glare from the sheath near the top by the button. I don't know if that's possible, but it would make the brand stand out a little more.

Really cool pic though! Take my critique with a grain of salt. I know nothing about photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
            I like! A Passport at the right would have sold the image really nicely.
            That's a good idea! I was also thinking of an old map or something too. The only paper maps I had around the house were in National Parks, so I wasn't sure how that would go with it being a picture of hunting gear lol.

Comment

Looks good! Nice layout, image is nice and punchy, good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                That's a good idea! I was also thinking of an old map or something too. The only paper maps I had around the house were in National Parks, so I wasn't sure how that would go with it being a picture of hunting gear lol.
                That's always my struggle with staged/product photography. I'm always concerned something will be "out of place" and I'll get called out on it/corrected. One of my best shots was of a rifle setup and someone pointed out the fact that the ammo box was a long action cartridge and it was obviously a short action rifle. Some people just always gotta be heard.

Comment

Dude that it awesome! I would like to start doing some product photography! I need to start using my camera more often! I have a tendency of jumping from hobby to hobby! [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                    An African map would be awesome. Wonder where to get one?

Comment

I actually like this shot as presented. It could easily go in an outdoor manual, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks great as is.

Be cool looking with a hunting license laying there, maybe a punched out tag or something.

Comment

Working...
                        X