2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    This is the only baitcast I need, if something ends up happening to it I’ll look into those but I think this one will do just fine. As long as I don’t mess around with the kingfish like I do with my inshore spinning setups I should be good to go, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah. Spinning reel guy. I only own one and it’s for chunking popping corks and shrimp. Just can’t get comfortable using a spinning reel with artificials.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Ah. Spinning reel guy. I only own one and it’s for chunking popping corks and shrimp. Just can’t get comfortable using a spinning reel with artificials.

I love my spinning reels, easy to use and don’t have to worry about birds nests. Throwing these casters though sure is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
        Your post made me think of something I’ve been wondering about. What color braid are y’all using and why? If you use a bright color like pink, are you also using a clear fluoro or mono leader? Thanks.

It doesn't really matter what color. I typically use green or grey braid on my lure rods hoping it might be lower viz. On all my rods set up for drift fishing with popping corks and shrimp I usually use high viz line. Pink, chart, orange, etc. I like to be able to see everyone's lines better to cut down on tangles as folks are fighting fish. I can easier see if they need to go over or under to keep from tangling as they follow a fish around the boat.

I use mono or flouro leaders on pretty much everything. Sometimes for soft plastics I go straight braid to the lure.

One interesting point, I read an article where they looked at what colors of braided line were most noticeable underwater and believe it or not white was the least visible. Dark green actually was easier to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          It doesn't really matter what color. I typically use green or grey braid on my lure rods hoping it might be lower viz. On all my rods set up for drift fishing with popping corks and shrimp I usually use high viz line. Pink, chart, orange, etc. I like to be able to see everyone's lines better to cut down on tangles as folks are fighting fish. I can easier see if they need to go over or under to keep from tangling as they follow a fish around the boat.

I use mono or flouro leaders on pretty much everything. Sometimes for soft plastics I go straight braid to the lure.

One interesting point, I read an article where they looked at what colors of braided line were most noticeable underwater and believe it or not white was the least visible. Dark green actually was easier to see.

Thanks.

Comment

I usually run of green braid but I went pink on this one just for the look. I always run a fluoro leader no matter what I’m doing so the braid doesn’t get seen. Interestingly enough though, this pink disappears really well under water. Pretty much invisible

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Lol... last year was a cake walk... I went down and took a peak at it and was like nope, off I went to mad island cut. Them boys must be right. I've been on a boat before that slid way up on one of those bars... no kind of fun at all. Especially right at dark!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
              I rode with one of our vendors on his 20ft Majek into Pringle lake one morning. Long story short, he missed the first PVC marker cut hard right then left. Boat came up on the flat in the hard left turn and lost plane and spun us around 180 degrees faster than we could do anything about it. His cousin took a swim and when he sat up, was in ankle deep water.

Made for an interesting day

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post

Thats pretty interesting. I only use the 20LB PowerPro in Green color. And i usually tie lures straight to braid. I might have to try and find some white and try it out.

Comment

I love my spinning reels, easy to use and don’t have to worry about birds nests. Throwing these casters though sure is fun.

I'm with you. I really love my spinning reels. Just picked up a new Lew's on sale at Academy.

My favorite baitcaster is like your Curado, but its the Citica. Pretty much the same reel just slightly altered. Its my go-to for bass and wade fishing on a Daiawa 7ft medium rod with Fast tip. It zings a sand eel a country mile

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    I'm with you. I really love my spinning reels. Just picked up a new Lew's on sale at Academy.

My favorite baitcaster is like your Curado, but its the Citica. Pretty much the same reel just slightly altered. Its my go-to for bass and wade fishing on a Daiawa 7ft medium rod with Fast tip. It zings a sand eel a country mile

I have it paired with a 7 foot daiwa aird-x medium-light with a fast tip. Would cast good on my revo, this curado should be even better.

Comment

It feels awesome and looks like she’ll last. Hopefully I’ll get to test it on the water soon.

Glad you like it Bud. Hopefully it’ll be as good to you as it was for me.

Went and fished a place today that was pretty slow this winter. Ended up catching 35 trout and 1 flounder. Outgoing tide, 8-12” visibility. No visible bait. Caught my 5th keeper on trout #24... the next 11 trout were all 17-20”. Probably going to try it in the morning when I get off work.

Comment

Did good with a couple of buddies in poc today.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
                          Did good with a couple of buddies in poc today.
                          Nice catch...

Comment

Hit Rollover Pass. Caught a little bit of everything

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                            Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Looks like fun had by all!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody been in the upper Laguna. I’m headed down this weekend to fish. I normally do ok fishin there. But I haven’t been down this early before. Any reports or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X