First Point - Hog/Javi Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point - Hog/Javi Hunts

Anyone have an experience with spring hog/javi hunts at First Point?

I have been twice and seen javi on both trips despite the rain. I would like to have seen more javi but it does have some good hogs. Mike has told us exactly where he has seen the the most activity and he was right on both times. Worth the money to me.

Comment

That good to hear. I'm headed there in 12 days. Any bobcats or yotes on the property?

Comment

Do you have a link to this "first point" hunt/ranch?Sounds interesting!

Comment

www.firstpointbowhunting.com I highly recommend the place and like everybody says just listen to Mike.

Comment

Hagen, there are a load of coyotes on the place from what I heard and saw while we hunted there in November.

Comment

Thanks Big D. I'm coming from Pittsburgh down there to hunt. My chances are slim to harvest one w/ a longbow but don't much care if i harvest anything or not. Just looking to get away from the office.

Comment

My brother in law had coyotes eating corn 15 yards from him while we were there. There are some bruiser hogs on the place too.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG D View Post
                  My brother in law had coyotes eating corn 15 yards from him while we were there.
                  Lol...RIIIIIGHT !

Comment

No lie my freind, don't tell me you didnt know coyotes and foxes ate corn?

Comment

Nope,didnt know that.You have seen a yote eat CORN?I thought they were meat eaters?

Has anyone ever done the javelina hunt on this ranch or hunted it and seen javy's?

Comment

You can tell who has hunted South Texas and who has hunted East Texas......

Coyotes eat more corn than hogs

Comment

The first time I saw a coyote eating corn, I was afraid to tell anybody cause I thought they'd think I was crazy! Well, they thought that anyway, but that's another story!

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                            You can tell who has hunted South Texas and who has hunted East Texas......

Coyotes eat more corn than hogs
                            I have hunted south and west Tx my whole life(NEVER EAST) and have NAVER seen a dog eat corn.Or has anyone i have ever hunted with.I'm not saying you guys are BSing me or that it is not possible.Just doesnt sound right.Got be some real reason.Maybe smelling the ground were game has been?
                            Last edited by Cuz; 01-24-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I have also seen them eating corn. When times get hard they eat what they can.

Comment

Working...
                              X