Senior Trip AXIS HUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior Trip AXIS HUNT

Myself and a buddy are both graduating from college this May and are looking for a place to go on an axis hunt early June. Any suggestions on reputable places that we should look into? The dates we are lookin at are between June 2nd and June 6th. We are wanting a 2 or 3 day hunt, trying to keep it in the $1000 price range. Thanks for the help!

good luck!! and congrats

Comment

Thats not gonna be easy, I will look around for ya. Congrats on graduation, whats lu stand for?

Comment

I appreciate it. And I am Graduating from Lamar University (LU) and my buddy is graduating from Macneese State University.

Comment

Timberlake Ranch is $850 for 2 days including lodging. They are a TBH sponsor as well.

Comment

We have been in contact with Timberlake Ranch, great people, they are our first choice. Only problem we are having is finding a third person to go with us to Timberlake. If we find a third person that wants to go during those dates we will book as soon as possible.

Comment

I might be interested, let me see if I can make those dates

Comment

My understanding is timberlakeranch charges $1000 kill fee now. So if that's true it puts you at $1850

Comment

Talked to Travis at Timberlake, $850 hunt fee and $1000 kill fee now. They have some very nice animals.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. At first it was just the hunt fee and no kill fees. I knew I should have gone right away!!! Still not a bad deal just out of that $1,000 range this group was looking for.... unless they just plan to hunt axis and not actually kill then they can get it in for $850. $1850 for some of the animals I've seen come off the Timberlake so far it's really not bad.

Comment

Bow or rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
                        Bow or rifle?
                        It's bow hunting only. I promise you guys won't be disappointed we have more then plenty of animals

Comment

There's also Keith John's Outdoors $750

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                            That's what I was thinking. At first it was just the hunt fee and no kill fees. I knew I should have gone right away!!! Still not a bad deal just out of that $1,000 range this group was looking for.... unless they just plan to hunt axis and not actually kill then they can get it in for $850. $1850 for some of the animals I've seen come off the Timberlake so far it's really not bad.
                            At a $425 daily fee...its pretty steep. Especially considering there are places where less than that gets you a 1x1 guide, all food, open bar, fishing, maids, etc.

Of course, the trophy fee is a little cheaper than a lot of those places. The trade off is worth that extra coin though, in my opinion.

Even though I solo backpack hunt the backcountry...I like to feel a little spoiled every once in a while and not have to pack camp back up or eat out of my jetboil

Comment

I was asking OP if they were looking at a bow or rifle hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X