Callahan Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callahan Ranch

Any one hunted the Callahan Ranch in Encinal for javelina and hogs?

I hunt the neighboring property and there are stupid amounts of Javelinas out there as well as a good number of pigs, but they're harder to come by than the javis

Comment

I hunt their for everything. I can almost gaurantee you will tag out on javis and they have some stud hogs down here.. I drew back on a 300 lbs hog last year (it was bigger than their 55 gallon barrel feeders) but the wind changed and it busted me. Their hog hunting gives the biggest adrenaline rush out of any of them if you do the barrels. I can answer any questions you have about the ranch

Comment

Hard part is getting the hunt in written for, where you can read about the hunt, rules, regs, pastures, lodging or camping and cost. I think they must have been bust,
        as I have asked Juan, for this information several times, with no other word other than yes we do have javelina hunts. Just my $.02

Comment

Lots of javis. Never saw many hogs when I was there.

Comment

We lease a pasture there. It's THICK with javi's!!!!

Corn some roads and drive back in 20 minutes and they will be in.

We shoot hogs on sight. We don't see very many at all where we are at. If we do they are small.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
              We lease a pasture there. It's THICK with javi's!!!!

Corn some roads and drive back in 20 minutes and they will be in.

We shoot hogs on sight. We don't see very many at all where we are at. If we do they are small.
              What pasture do yall lease? I hunted there last year and we would have javelinas on us from when we corned the road to get in the blind will we left and shooting at them didnt do anything
              Last edited by Bowtechshooter; 03-11-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I went with some buddies early last month. Everyone shot there limit of javis... We hunt the juandelon and one other back there. Good javi movement didn't see any feral hogs

Comment

Hey Bowtechshooter

Do they have feeders there and can you hunt the feeders for hogs and javis?

Comment

All feeders I saw had pens around them. We did nothing but corn roads then spot and stalk.

Comment

Originally posted by tkrause74 View Post
                      Hey Bowtechshooter

Do they have feeders there and can you hunt the feeders for hogs and javis?
                      They have barrels to hunt the hogs over which is a blast, its a barrel t posted in the ground and the hogs come hit it and nock corn out... We have stalked the barrels and got within 5 yards from the hogs. The regular deer feeders they usually shut off in the summer but that doesnt effect the javis much because most of the feeders are inside feed pins... The javelinas come to tailgate feeders pretty good

Comment

Thanks! Sounds like it will be a blast

Comment

Do they have a kill fee for javis above the daily cost?

Comment

@ Bowtechshooter

Does the ranch have a website?

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                              Do they have a kill fee for javis above the daily cost?
                              I believe the Javelinas are an extra $125 a piece but the hogs are unlimited along with coyotes, badgers, and anything like that. There was a guy that shot 3 badgers one night last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X