Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4D Outfitters in Mexia, TX

Hey Ya'll:

Not the Ritz but a place that takes top honors with me. The guys Nate (owner) and Randy (guide) are the nicest guys around. Not just saying that because we're friends (I was a customer long before I was a friend). The run a 1st class operation all the way, doing whatever it takes to give you more than just a great hunt but memories that far surpass the hunt. There are hogs everywhere out there as well as some rams. Every time I've been I've scored and I've watched and/harvested hogs ranging from 30 pounders to 300 pounders. They ARE out there ya'll. Biguns! I even took my ma-in-law out there for her 1st hog hunt and she scored two in the same day (which meant she got to call everyone in the family twice ). If you know Nate and Randy (which, I know, some of you do) you know they are great guys that run a great place! You can check them out at www.4dOutfitters.com

This past I was out there again. You may have read this under hunting reports but here goes again:

Went down to Nate's place (4D Outfitters) in Mexia to do a management hunt with him and his guide Randy. I had a great time as usual. We were videoing for a management hunt/educational type of DVD. We were up in the stand about 5:15 PM. Hogs came in from behind my left. We heard them coming towards the feeder and Randy powered up the camera. Just as they were about to come into the opening I drew thinking it was going to be very quick. Out they trickled, a little red one (there's a lot of reds and piebalds at Nates). A little red 50 pounder another red 50 pounder, a handful of 60 - 100 pound piebalds. About a 150 pound piebald, a bunch of 30 pounders and a a handful that appeared to be 150 pounds and up. I told Randy, "I'm gonna take the red one on the left." He said "okay", but the red wouldn't give me a shot. So, I said "I'm gonna take the piebald". As soon as I said that she turned and wouldn't give me a shot (Remember I'm still at full draw). Another little red spotted boar came around the right. I whispered, "I'm gonna' take that red one on the right," but Randy didn't hear, he held on the piebald. I whispered, "Are you on him?" He replied, "Yeah." Just as I was pulling the trigger of my release he was zooming in on the piebald (He had just had the red one that I was gonna' thump in the view finder of the camera. THWAACK! A half a second after getting the red one out of the picture I had shot. Randy hurried back over to the red one only to find my blood soaked arrow stuck in the ground. He had missed the shot. Would have been cooler to have the impact on the video but he just didn't hear me switch to the red one. I think Randy kind of felt bad but it was my fault...and I didn't feel too bad. Heck I got a great meat hog on the ground! Plus, hopefully, we'll get to try it again.. Whenever we finish putting together the videos I think it will be pretty awesome. We estimated that I was at full draw for a good 1 1/2 minutes (drew earlier than I should of anticipating a quicker shot)!

Nate and Randy each drilled a little meat hog too! We had 3 down in less than an hour with bows, and on film. We saw many that were WELL OVER 200 lbs, even 250 lbs+. But, cooler heads prevailed. After all, we were management hunting. To steal Nate's favorite saying, "The little ones are more fun to hunt than the trophies!...not really." It was an awesome time I got to spend with a couple of good friends.

Here is the little bundle or morsels.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tasty 50 Pounder.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	24731296

I'm posting this in the "Rate the Day Lease" as well with a score card of A+! If you haven't gotten a chance to go yet...GO!

i also know nate and randy.. they have a great operation going and anyone that wants a great hunt should check them out

Comment

Congrats on the Hunt and your success!

Comment

congrats on the sausage!!

Comment

What kind of rams do they have? What is the success rate on the rams?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Thompson Temple rams

Is Thompson Temple rams better?

Comment

I think he is closing down this ranch. Big discounts. If I remember right its 100 a day and no limit on kills, no trophy fees.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                  I think he is closing down this ranch. Big discounts. If I remember right its 100 a day and no limit on kills, no trophy fees.
                  WHAT!!! WHY???

Comment

PM'd him on texasboars and he is charging 100 a day with no limit on size or numbers.

He decided to get out of the business for personal/family reasons.
                    Never hunted there but kinda know him from that site and he seems like a great guy.

Comment

wow.. he sure had a great place and put alot of mooney into it and his hogs

Comment

Enjoyed the story, thanks for sharing and congrats on a great hunt...

Comment

I had some problems with my guide and decided to really scale down. I no longer have a guide. I am taking one day at a time with the ranch and at this point am undecided as to what I will do in the future.

Comment

Working...
                          X