Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairie Festival Photos - interesting to say the least....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairie Festival Photos - interesting to say the least....

Here are just a few of the five hundred or so shots I took -- I'll load the rest on Flickr later this week.

We actually had a valid reason for going to this thing - my wife has a line of silver, fairy-inspired jewelry that she has been selling for the past ten years or so. We had a booth at the festival and I got to play photographer for most of the weekend.

Moss man checks out our booth.

This is about a third of the acreage that the festival takes up -- about 15,000 people go through the gates over the weekend.

It's really a family-friendly event - no alcohol is served, the costumes are modest (for the most part) and security is pretty tight.
    My little one talks about fairy festival for the whole year - it rivals Christmas around our house.

That said, there were lots of folks willing to let me shoot their ink in varying states of undress.

First, the food -- found a pizza joint in town without a liquor license -- so they just give it away with every slice purchased.

We frequented this establishment - frequently.

Beauty

and the Beast

Hula girl - she was fun to shoot - more pics of her ink can be seen on Flickr

Pipes require great lungs.

This guy is obviously a fan....

Spotted a couple of TBH'rs at the fest...see if you can guess who I thought they were..

Random shots

And just to keep it topical .... should these be culled??

Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie? I used to take my girls every year when they were younger. Brendan, my 5yo, wants to go so he can ride the elephant and see the belly dancers...so do I.

Comment

Nope -- this one is in Pennsylvania, but I hear the Waxahachie one can get pretty out of control.

Comment

target rich!

Comment

Some unique individuals for sure.

Glad to know the real reason you were there Rod. Don posted little info other than you were there. I was a little worried that we had lost a TBH'er to the real darkside!

Comment

pixel-full.....

and Double-L --- you don't ever have to worry about me.

Whenever it looks dark, and marriage just seems too hard, I just think about the alternative and all is well again.

Comment

i always liked ink on......fairies . keep that other stuff to yourself tho!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

I thought this was going to be in San Fran when I read the title.

Nice pics!

Comment

The girl playing the pipes is wearing a seatbelt for a belt! wth?!

Comment

Sometimes I wonder how our country has gotten to be so screwed up......

.........and then I see stuff like this......

Rod, that is some freaky stuff. Looks like an interesting trip, to say the least. Were you feeling like a fish out of water?

Comment

Sika and TC Hensel LOL!

Whacky tabaccy necklaces, horns and baggage pipes...cool stuff!

I bet your glad to be back home though

Comment

I love that freaky ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            We actually had a valid reason for going to this thing - my wife has a line of silver
                            Right, Uh huh, good one Rob.

Originally posted by AtFairyFest View Post
                            Moss man checks out our booth.
                            I feel sorry for that guy if he comes across me in the woods

Comment

They look like my UT professors.

Comment

Working...
                              X