X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
      found a very very old gravestone it looked to be a childs on lbj grasslands
      That's a little creepy!

Comment

Dropped a .22 ruger mark 3 pistol out of the truck when building fence in harper. Found it tracking a deer 9 months later. It only had a little surface rust, nothing we couldn't re-blu
        It's still my brothers favorite gun!

Comment

An old manual typewriter in a case, busted up. There was also a Dodge key with it.

Comment

Dropped a .22 ruger mark 3 pistol out of the truck.............
            I killed a doe one time on a friends lease on hwy 16 across from San Miguel power plant. As I was gutting her I had to stop & sharpen my knife (I was a younger fellow & knife was cheap).
            I pulled out a soft Arkansas stone in a leather pouch from my pocket and sharpened up then finished gutting the doe. I then drug the doe to the road & waited for my ride. I forgot to get the whet stone.
            About 3-4 years later I went back on the lease. Remembering my stone & the blind I killed the doe from, I walked right to the whet stone laying on the ground. It was cracked on half, but only cracked once. The leather pouch was gone.
            I was able to glue the stone back together & continue using it. I have it still to this day. Somewhere in all my junk.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
              Sorry for such a long read but definitely the coolest thing I have found in the woods.

My wife's dad used to drive in from Houston to hunt with us on the weekends. He liked to still hunt through the woods rattling ever so often. The last season he hunted with us he misplaced his rattling antlers and was pretty upset because he had had them for so long. He passed away with lung cancer the following summer at only 55. My wife was extremely upset about it for a long time. Two years later while doing some scouting I found what was left of his rattling antlers under the base of a big White Oak tree. Squirrels had chewed them up pretty bad and the leather cord that held them together was missing. He had painted them camo and I think that may have saved them from being totally eaten by squirrels. My wife got pretty choked up when I brought them home. Every year since, my wife brings them out at the beginning of deer season and sets them on our fire place mantle until season is over.
              [ATTACH]367707[/ATTACH]
              That's really cool!

Comment

TTT there are some real cool stories and some finds on here!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I could have sworn I posted this before but I'll post it again. We had a small lease we hunted on off of Old Caddo Hwy on the way out of Ranger, it was my uncle's friend's property. Anyways, I was the only one out there for about 2-3 weeks, so it was always a little creepty to me walking back to the truck after the sun set (I was 19 at the time).

I was on my way to my stand at the back of the property one day and just to the left of the trail was a perfectly dug grave like you see in a cemetary, 6 feet deep and the length and width seemed to be the right dimentions too. Needless to say, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and it scared the fecal matter out of me. I made sure I had a round in the ole .270 and kept walking. That was the LONGEST evening hunt EVER because I had to pass that same location on the way back to the truck. There was a trailer house about 100 yards to the left hand side of the hole and across the fence. I always wondered if someone there was going to off someone and bury them there. I mentioned it to my dad and uncle and they just kind of blew me off and said it was probably someone digging for a pipe ....so I still don't know who's buried there

Comment

Keep em comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
                        I could have sworn I posted this before but I'll post it again. We had a small lease we hunted on off of Old Caddo Hwy on the way out of Ranger, it was my uncle's friend's property. Anyways, I was the only one out there for about 2-3 weeks, so it was always a little creepty to me walking back to the truck after the sun set (I was 19 at the time).

I was on my way to my stand at the back of the property one day and just to the left of the trail was a perfectly dug grave like you see in a cemetary, 6 feet deep and the length and width seemed to be the right dimentions too. Needless to say, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and it scared the fecal matter out of me. I made sure I had a round in the ole .270 and kept walking. That was the LONGEST evening hunt EVER because I had to pass that same location on the way back to the truck. There was a trailer house about 100 yards to the left hand side of the hole and across the fence. I always wondered if someone there was going to off someone and bury them there. I mentioned it to my dad and uncle and they just kind of blew me off and said it was probably someone digging for a pipe ....so I still don't know who's buried there
                        go back and dig it up

Comment

Originally posted by matteo View Post
                          go back and dig it up
                          x1000

Comment

One of the greatest threads ever started…Keep them coming! Great stories.

Comment

here is a pretty cool find my wife found this on a walk back from the evening hunt in gozales, tx
                              Last edited by sneaky freak; 09-02-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Found a Mossburg 500 shotgun with pistol grip and heat shield back in the 90's. Caught it in a cast net in Cypress Creek in Spring. It had two in the mag tube and one jammed in the receiver. Turned it in to police to run it and nothing came up so we got to keep it. Some pitting on receiver and bolt but in good shape other than that. Back in the early 90's ='s NO PICS. Sorry.

Also walking along creek bank in Houston, little brother picked up a bone and threw it in the water. Walked a little further and found a full human hand skeleton. Called police again, ect. They sent divers and everything. Concluded that it was a homeless person that had died and dogs or something has scattered bones. Really crazy stuff. Once again, early 90's...no pics. I do have many witnesses to both accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X