Capturing Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing Video?

I captured my video from my camera in Movie Maker and it brought the files in as .WMV. A lot of the files are distorted. Is this because it is a lower quality file? Can I convert to another file type to improve quality or do I need to recapture the tape in another program such as Pinnacle that will give me a choice of what type of file? Please help, some of my bucks on video look like they have their faces digitally blocked out to protect their identity.

CD,

I've never used WMM to capture or edit, but whatever you use should be set to capture as an .AVI format since you aren't capturing in HD. (HD will be like an .m2t format or similair) Capture & Edit your stuff in an .AVI format then when you get ready to Produce it, it will produce to the .WMV format.

See if somehow you can change the capture settings on it.

Comment

I"d be willing to bet they just look 'distorted' because of the compression codec used in the transfer.
      When you finish you're editing, transfer it back to tape and it'll look fine--at least mine does. (But I'm using a MAC w\FCPHDExpress

Comment

are you using a fire wire? the USB cable that comes with your camera is junk

Comment

Working...
        X