Shrimp scampi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp scampi?

I'm looking to try to make my own shrimp scampi and was looking for tbh help. I have looked it up online but so many ways and I just want the best way. Thanks

Anyone

Comment

I've got an amazing recipe for it. Takes a little while, but it is so great.
      Pasta:
      Angel hair pasta
      Chop 1/2 cup cilantro while pasta's cooking. Toss the cooked pasta and cilantro. Reserve a little cilantro for garnish at the end if you'd like.

Shrimp:
      1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over med.-high heat until simmering. Combine 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp, 6 pressed garlic cloves, and I like to use a tbsp chipotle seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat the shrimp.
      Arrange them in a single layer in the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until browned or edges are pink. Remove the skillet from heat and turn shrimp and let it cook another couple of minutes or until it's done.

Remove the shrimp, but keep the mixture in the skillet.

Sauce:
      Add 1 cup Chardonnay (or a dry white wine) to the skillet. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until the wine's reduced by about half. Stir it to loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.

Juice 2 lime (or about quarter cup) and add that to the skillet. Also add 6 tbsp butter, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt and cook for a few minutes until it's heated all the way through.

It sounds like a lot, but it is so delicious.

Sent from my HTC Evo with Tapatalk

Comment

sounds and smells awesome Ms Traci

I knew you could cook

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          sounds and smells awesome Ms Traci

I knew you could cook
          Thanks, Blake. Shhhh...don't tell Mike. He does a good job at it for now!

Sent from my HTC Evo with Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X