Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravy

Hey guys and girls i need a good gravy recipe for a chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes i always screw it up some how. Thanks in advance

Joey

Ttt

Comment

I just take table spoon of pan drippings, table spoon of flour, heat in pan to make a roux kinda. Add about 1 cup milk and wisk til thickens. You can adjust the amount if need more. Its just equal parts. Oh and add salt and pepper to taste. I like lots of each

Comment

You want brown gravy or white gravy. Fry your steaks. Pour out most of the grease, leave about 4/5 tablespoons in skillet. Add flour slowly while stirring on low/medium heat. You want your flour a little thick but not gummy. Brown this mixture while continue to stir. When its as brown as you like add app 10/12 ozs of water. Turn the heat up and continue to stir. Add salt pepper and cook till it thickens. Thats brown gravy.
        For white/cream gravy. Start with fresh grease. Continue just like brown gravy but add milk instead of water

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
          I just take table spoon of pan drippings, table spoon of flour, heat in pan to make a roux kinda. Add about 1 cup milk and wisk til thickens. You can adjust the amount if need more. Its just equal parts. Oh and add salt and pepper to taste. I like lots of each
          This is exactly the way I make it.

Comment

What GR5 said! You could pour some of this on your head and your tongue would beat your brains out . I should have been more specific of white or brown. The one I make is white

Comment

I pour out all the grease but try to leave the bigger chunks and a thin film of grease in the pan. Set stove at medium heat. Sprinkle fresh white flower over the entire pan, let stand for 30 seconds, then begin stirring contentiously. Pour +/-1 cup of milk and stir, stir, stir. Add a little salt and pepper.

The key to good gravy is constant stirring. You can't even let it sit for a minute or it just won't turn out right. It only takes about 5 minutes to make.

Now serve up 2 hunks of meat, big pile of 'taters, and 2 slices of bread and drown with gravy. Serve with cold beer or milk in frozen mug. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks guys will give a try this weekend thanks again.

Joey

Comment

Pioneer gravy mix brown or country. Taste just like home cooking and its bone head proof.

Comment

Originally posted by JBH1979 View Post
                    Pioneer gravy mix brown or country. Taste just like home cooking and its bone head proof.
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by JBH1979 View Post
                      Pioneer gravy mix brown or country. Taste just like hom(white gravy, I e cooking and its bone head proof.

That's what I use and love it.
                      They make a country peppered mix that I use. (white gravy, I don't like brown)
                      Last edited by Mac...; 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post

i keep a Mason jar of leftover bacon grease for this exact reason , adds incredible flavor

Comment

I always heard to let the grease cool first, then add the flour. Stir well add heat, then add the milk. It always works for me!

Comment

Tony Cachere's white gravy mix. It's almost too easy.

Comment

Thanks guys again i made and it was perfect thanks

Joey

Comment

Working...
                              X