Sony Vegas 7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Vegas 7.0

I found a copy of Sony Vegas and am looking at using this instead of Adobe Pro. Does anyone have an experience with this program? Judging by what I have read it is in many ways superior to Adobe, but I am having a little trouble figuring out the basic concept. It is nothing like Adobe or any other editing programs that I have used. I may be missing one thing that is making it hard, I do not know. Anyway, does anyone have an experience with this?

I actually found a great tutorial that some guy did. He is young because he is showing us how to edit a shooter game movie, but it has some great information. I have only gone through the first 10 minutes and learned more than I have in the last three days of using it. Here is the link if you need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-uXHPemwo

Comment

I use Sony Vegas 7 plus and it will do way more than I can figure out ..... I have done a few videos with it, but all together I have around 800.00 in editing program revolving around Vegas

Sony Vegas 7 plus
      Cd architect 5.2
      Sound Forge 8.0
      Dvd architect 4.0
      Cinescore 1.0

with all of this is IF I really knew how to operate it all I would be able to acually make TV grade productions...

Comment

I just created my first one with this program. It took me a while to figure certain things out, but it was not bad. There is a zoom feature built in the program that allows you to zoom in from the software, not having to do it from the camera. It is pretty cool. The problem is that like anything, the video looses resultion when zooming. So unless you have HD you can not zoom in much. The text feature is a lot better than Premiere though.

I also used the DVD Arcitect and tried sound forge, but was not 100% what I was doing. I am going to keep playing and see what I can do. I think that this is going to be a better program by far, it will just take experience and patientice.

Comment

I have a copy of this that I can get to anyone who is interested. Just send me a PM and I can direct you to a download.

Comment

I like the Sony Vegas 7!!!

It can do some cool things....I did my first video with it a couple of weeks ago and it turned out pretty good.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Are there any classes or trainers for Vegas 7?

Comment

Don't know of any classes or trainers, but go to YouTube and type in Sony Vegas 7. There are tutorials that are there, some are better than others. Also there are some companies that are posting tutorials and if you go to their website sell video help DVD/CD.

Donnie

Comment

HD

So do any of you author HD videos? I need SW that will process HD (AVCHD) in a reliable manner, and not too slow.

I currently use Studio 11 on a Core2Duo running XP2 with 2G memory. VERY slow, and it crashes most of the time, especially if I do anything complex. And did I say it was slow?

I don't want anything fancy, just something that I can edit fast and doesn't crash. I don't care if final rendering is slow, but Studio 11 takes a minute every time I want to edit and trim a 15 second clip. Painful.

I don't mind switching to Mac if any of you have experience with Mac and AVCHD and say it works well.

Comment

Update (as if anyone is reading this board)...

I downloaded Sony Vegas. Intuitive, seems very powerful, it DOESN'T CRASH and is fast. I'm happy for about 25 more days, then the trial expires and I have to shell out $550 if I want to keep using it. Only criticism so far I can find is that it doesn't spit out 60 frames per second, max is 30. For sports, 60 really makes a difference.

Final Cut for iMac. I bought this one for $169 (student discount, my daughter is in college with MacBook). Not as intuitive for me, as I'm an old guy who doesn't think like an artist. It expands files 10X while working on them. Just haven't figured it out yet, and I got the Spinning Pinwheel of Death several times. Seems to have trouble with the large intermediate file sizes, but no conclusion yet on if it's any good.

Comment

Final Cut is the best editing program out there. If I were using Mac (I would die first) I would use Final Cut. This is the program that many of the TV shows are produced on. Give you all the options that you need. Vegas however is a great program that allows most everything that final cut does in my opinion and YES it works with HD. Many HD cameras are shipped with Sony Vegas.

Comment

Good writing

Good writing. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                        X