Sausage making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage making

I am going to try my hand at making sausage for the first time so I have several questions. What are some good sausage making spice mixes or recipes? I will be making sausage with hog do I need to add any faty beef or anything to it or just leave it? Thanks.

Store bought hog you should be good, wild hog you will need to add some fat to it.
    I made a batch this last weekend using the Himountain Spices. I followed the recipes on the packae, except I put 50-50 pork and deer.
    Turned out great.
    Good Luck

Comment

I only season with salt, pepper, garlic and mustard seed...For a 1st timer you can't go wrong with highmountain seasoning.

Comment

I will be using wild hog. What percentage fat should I mix in?

Comment

alliedkenco.com......they will answer all questions and have ALL equipment and spices required to make some great sausage

Comment

ttt

Comment

You didn't say whether you were making link or pan, smoked, ?

Comment

MesquiteCountry on the site has some great recipes.. I don't know how to fetch the link for you, but I bet someone will. I order my seasonings from Pioneer in Loveland, Colorado. Been a customer many many years... I will give you their number if you would like and you can order their catalog.. Mom and Pop company... no website...

Comment

Working...
                X