A Few Random Garden Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Random Garden Pics!

Boared to death tonight as our internet isn't let us purchase the UFC fight so I thought I would post a few pics from the garden.

We were hit with a good storm this morning. I planned on working in the garden, that got scrapped. So here's a few pics from today.

Corn was about blown over. I righted all of it, I hope none of it was hurt.

Only got an inch of rain, but it came real fast!

Cool daddy long leg!

Broccoli is really turning on! Won't be long, and we will have more than we can handle, neighbors will be happy!

A few overhead pics. Weather has kept me from getting the last row of tomatos mulched.

That's a mighty fine looking garden, Badger. I'm jealous. That black dirt looks rich.

My squash didn't produce much this year, and my maters are drying up. I planted some Heatwave tomatoes in my Earthbox today,hoping for a second crop.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
        That's a mighty fine looking garden, Badger. I'm jealous. That black dirt looks rich.

My squash didn't produce much this year, and my maters are drying up. I planted some Heatwave tomatoes in my Earthbox today,hoping for a second crop.
        I can only imagine growing a garden down there!

That dark dirt has had load after load of manure dumped in. The past two years I have been using alot of mushroom compost.

It does provide for a nutrient rich garden.

So far this year everything but the melons are doing good. Just need some warmer nights. It's been too **** cool here after dark. I'm worried about mold problems.

Comment

Looks like a pritty good one

Comment

nice garden i wish i had one

Comment

Nice pic i just got a D40 hope to get to use it this weekend

Comment

I've been picking alot of broccoli, and zucchinis. Should have some peppers ready in a few days.

We have had almost 2" of rain the past few days, makes it hard to keep up on weeds on things.

Comment

Looks good!!! I lost the battle and had to surender my garden to the Texas heat last week. Overall my garden did very poor this year, last two years the garden did so good that I was taking stuff to church by the basket full and giving it to friends!

Comment

I wish we could get the 2 inches of rain you got!!!!!! Nice looking garden, too!!!!!!

Comment

I wish I had a better camera, but for now I'm getting by with what I have.

Took a few pics today while picking a few things.

I have two rows of carrots that are doing pretty good. There's actually three rows in each single bed if you can understand that. The beds are about 15' long so that would equall two 45' single rows. How do ya like my rabbit proofing? :-/

We have three hungarian wax peppers this year. I haven't messed with peppers for a few years as they don't do well around here. These ones seem to be doing well despite the cold evenings we have had.

I couldn't resist uncovering a few red taters to see how they were doing. Yes, I covered them back up, but I can see some getting snuck out before the weekend is over! I love them little reds!

The tomatos are turning into a jungle as usuall! I have three new varieties I've never grown before. I'm curious on how they will do. I'd like to put up alot of sauce this year.

Happy to say that the corn recovered from the wind and is growing by inches every day! I can't wait to pick an ear!

Here's what I picked today. I have four more heads of broccoli in the fridge that will get froze tomorrow along with these.

Comment

Very nice garden. I'd say your camera does quite well.

Do you freeze the whole broccoli head whole or cut it up in eatable pieces before freezing?

Comment

Working...
                        X