Clear All

Pecan Brittle in the microwave

1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1 cup pecans
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1.5 teaspoons baking soda

Grease a baking sheet. Place butter and vanilla in a small bowl and set to side. Place baking soda in small bowl and set to side. Combine sugar, corn syrup, and pecans in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and stir. Continue for an additional 3-4 minutes but this time will vary depending on your microwaves power. Quickly stir in the butter and vanilla until the butter is melted, then add the baking soda and stir till it foams. Working quickly, pour the mixture in a big lump on the greased baking sheet and spread with a spoon to the desired thickness.

Notes: Melted sugar is like napalm, use caution and don't touch it or drop any on you. The only hard part about this recipe is the cooking time, it's about a 30 sec window for the perfect brittle. Too short a time and it won't harden to a brittle, too long and it burns. You can use different nuts and since they cook with the sugar they affect the flavor. I've also tried peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and cashews. Pecan is still my favorite.

Tips: When pouring the brittle out, use a spoon to scrape the sides of the bowl and keep it in a large blob as you work it out, this will give you more time to work with it before it starts hardening. I use a pecan to get the last of it off the spoon. This stuff hardens like concrete on the bowl and greasing the bowl doesn't help much. I'll let the bowl cool down and then fill it with hot water and let it set. Letting the hot water run over the bowl or stirring the water speeds things up. If making multiple batches, thoroughly dry the bowl before each batch.

WOOOO HOOO!!!! I can't wait to make this!

This stuff is really good! He brought it on our last tune trip.

Comment

I make this at Christmas time. 3 and 4 batches at a time. So easy. Each microwave is diff so you’ll need to keep an eye on it so doesn’t turn black and burn. Can’t tell the diff in this and stuff made on the stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely gonna give this a shot.

Comment

Gonna try this.

Comment

Let me just tell you guys, I’ve had this and it’s amazing.

Comment

Easy

Hardest part was waiting for it to cool down.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is so darn good and appreciate the recipe share!

Comment

Working...
                X