Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation State Championship at Cross Timbers Archery Club July 9 & 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation State Championship at Cross Timbers Archery Club July 9 & 10

The 2015 Texas ASA Federation State Championship will be held at Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland, Texas on July 9-10, 2016.

Cross Timbers will have two 30 McKenzie target ranges. One 30 target range for the Open classes and Unlimited class and one 30 target range for the Pins, Youth, Traditional and Eagle classes.

Registration Opens at 7:00am

Practice Range and Registration Closes at 8:30am

Announcements/Safety Meeting 8:35am

Peer Grouping 8:45am

Shotgun Start 9:00am

9:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, Traditional shooters may start at 7:15 am. You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult and young adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for elementary pins and Jr. Eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. All Adult, Young Adult and Youth classes will be peer grouped. Eagles may shoot with parents if parents are shooting on the pins range. Awards will be presented at approximately 5:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

To shoot the state championship and compete for awards you MUST have shot a state qualifier or be an ASA Lifetime Member. You also MUST have a current ASA membership. We will have a qualified shooters list and a list of current ASA members. Your name has to be on the qualified shooters list which means you have shot a qualifier. We will check the list unless we know you have qualified. If you are not on the current ASA membership list you will need to buy an ASA membership if you want to compete for the awards.

You may shoot a fun round if you are not qualified or if you are not an ASA member.

Cross Timbers has one of the most challenging 3D ranges in Texas. The terrain has many slight elevation changes that makes judging tricky. There are also many tree shaded lanes that are very deceiving. Come out and join us for a great 3D experience !!!!

Directions to Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland.

Take I-20 west to Eastland exit (Hwy 112). Take Hwy 112 to downtown Eastland. Turn right on Hwy 112 and go about 1 mile. Turn left on Ringling Lake Road. You will go approximately 2-3 miles. Ringling Lake Rd. will go thru an arched gate. Go up the hill about 1/2 mile and the range will be on your left.

Click on google maps link below:

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

And Remember.....We are The Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

We will see ya'll for sure on Sunday morning and maybe even Saturday afternoon if we get out of town at a decent time.

Comment

Can I shoot my xbow in the k50 class?

Hope yall have an awesome turn out this year. Good Luck to everyone!

Comment

I can't believe it is already time! We'll be there Sunday.

I thought I had reservations, but it turned out I did was cancel the ones for the following week when the dates were changed. YIKES, but I found a room at the LaQuinta. It was either that or stay in Stephenville. I figured it was worth the extra $30.

Is anyone else staying at the LaQuinta?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
          I can't believe it is already time! We'll be there Sunday.

I thought I had reservations, but it turned out I did was cancel the ones for the following week when the dates were changed. YIKES, but I found a room at the LaQuinta. It was either that or stay in Stephenville. I figured it was worth the extra $30.

Is anyone else staying at the LaQuinta?
          We are there also. You bringing the steaks?

Comment

Sadly, we ate all of our steaks on Sunday. You'll bring them though, I'm sure!

Comment

First time I've ever shot on a Saturday, but it will still be fun. See y'all at 6:30AM. Off the course before the wheels get started.

Comment

Mae's Meat Market

We ate lunch and are planning on eating dinner at Mae's meet market today as well as Saturday after we shoot. The food and service is awesome and Mae's is going to stay open late on Saturday just for the ASA shooters in town. They usually close at 2 on Saturday but said they were staying open late and were hoping to see a good turnout. Hope to see everyone out here tomorrow.

Comment

get much rain out there today? Need mud boots?

Comment

331 shooters!
                    Another great Texas ASA State Championship shoot!!!!

Comment

Wow !!!! That was a wild weekend that just happened.

Running a state shoot (or any shoot) keeps you busy, but it seemed this one kept Tracy E Smith, Terra Barham Timmerman, Brad Timmerman, Mart Cox, NanetteandKenny Edwards, Ray Scroggins, Alan George, and myself on the run from the time we arrived on Friday until when we left on Sunday.

As I have already mentioned we had 331 shooters.

We had a unbeleivable (unless you were there) wind and rain storm Saturday evening. This storm had 50 to 60 mph sustained winds and rain that lasted for about one hour. It ripped down our banners, crushed tents in tournament village, blew down the vendors tents, and rocked the campers. The sheet metal awning at the registration area was shaking and vibrating. Vaughan McLain and I were caught under this awning and thought it might blow off. I later walked both ranges to make sure the targets did not wash away or blow over.

We had 95 to 100 degree temperatures.

We had 3 medical emergencies. Two that required attention by Eastland Fire Dept. EMTs (heat exhaustion). Thank You Eastand Fire EMTs !!!

We also had one of the strangest issues......no....the very strangest issue that has occurred in our 11 years as state directors. We had a lady loose her wedding ring in the portable toilet smile emoticon. My wife, Tracy E Smith, who is never afraid to take on a dauting task helped this nice lady retrieve her ring. Maybe Tracy will post some pictures of this historic event later.......maybe not smile emoticon

We had great hosts in Cross Timbers Archery Club and Pigeon Road Shooting Range.

We had raffle drawings where $14,000 worth of bows and merchandise was given away.

We had two great ranges that the shooters enjoyed.

We had an awesome long shot event.

We inducted Gene Curry into the ASA Western Region Hall of Fame (Geno is the first inductee) and we awarded Gene Curry the Texas ASA Federation Sportsmanship award for 2016. Brownie West Curry, Brett Curry, and their families were there to accept these awards.

We had a great awards ceremony for the shooters.

And lastly we had the great people that make up the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Missouri ASA Federations.

Thank You All for an outstanding 2016 Texas ASA State Championship and Thank You All for your support !!!

For pictures click on this link:

A group for all who enjoy Archery and attend or are interested in Texas ASA. Visit our website: www.txasafederation.com.

Comment

Thanks Mike and Tracy, and Terra and Brad, and of course everyone else who pulls this off every year! It was fun.

Comment

Thanks Mike and Tracy and the entire ASA family for a wonderful year

Comment

Working...
                          X