Concrete sealer for camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete sealer for camp

Wife and I bought a camp house near Sam Rayburn. We have demo'ed out the entire interior to the studs. We have noticed that if we leave anything on the floor then it is damp underneath that object when we move it. I thought part of it could be due to having removed the attic insulation so the house was heating up and condensing with the ambient air. We have now put new insulation in attic and walls, and although it is less, we are still seeing damp spots on the slab under objects. When we began tearing out bathroom flooring, we noticed mold from the moisture trapped between floor and concrete.

Is there a sealer made that we can apply to the concrete to prevent moisture from building up under flooring when we get ready to install it.

Thanks
    Bryan

Ttt

Comment

will follow,
      as i am under the thinking, that if there was no vaper barrier between the ground and the slab it would sweat
      I did it on my patio and the guy pouring said he was was not used to using it for patios, (only house pads) but I said I did not want it to sweat during humid days, he affirmed the notion of that ,and that is what the plastic is for... so i would like to see if there is a paint/ sealer to eliminate it, as well

Comment

Working...
      X