Suppressor Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Advice

Ok I am looking to get my first suppressor. I’m wanting to get one for my AR-15/223. I will use it for my soon to be stepson to hunt with and me shooting hogs at night. What am I looking at price wise for permit or tax or whatever and a decent suppressor? Any brand/make/model suggestions? Best bang for my buck?

sent you a pm

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a 30cal can so you can use it on more weapons. Most will be around 1k and the tax stamp is 200$. Lots of good ones out there. I like the silencerco omega 300. Dead air is a popular manufacturer as well. I love my dead air mask for 22’s.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        Get a 30cal can so you can use it on more weapons. Most will be around 1k and the tax stamp is 200$. Lots of good ones out there. I like the silencerco omega 300. Dead air is a popular manufacturer as well. I love my dead air mask for 22’s.
        Is there much of a difference in how loud it is if it’s a 30 caliber can on a 223 versus 223 can on a 223?

Comment

Get a .30 cal can to use on several Guns. My next one will be a dead air nomad ti

Comment

A suppressor will suppress to noise from the shot.

Unless you shot subsonic there will still be the sonic boom.

Unless there have been advances that last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              Is there much of a difference in how loud it is if it’s a 30 caliber can on a 223 versus 223 can on a 223?
              Not hardly any difference at all. Do some research on manufacturers. Some are much better than others. Lots of video comparisons on YouTube. A good 30 cal can will be quieter on your 5.56 than a mediocre 5.56 can.

Comment

There is typically only 3-4db difference between a 7.62 can and 5.56 can and you aren’t limited to 22 caliber projectiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  1-3 decibels, but the 30 usually has a slightly lower tone that helps compensate. 1-3 decibels isn’t noticeable to the ear anyways.

Comment

Dead air!!! 30 cal.

Comment

Dead Air .30 cal, whatever you buy get the titanium, steel are stupid heavy

Comment

Another vote for Dead Air. I have a Sandman L and S, love them both.

And you can change the end caps over to 5.56 if you want.

Comment

You can get a YHM resonator r2 .30 cal can pretty cheap and it is an extremely good performer. I don’t know how the nomad fares but the sandman doesn’t perform as well on .223 according to what I’ve read.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                            Listen to this guy I agree with all he said

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              You can get a YHM resonator r2 .30 cal can pretty cheap and it is an extremely good performer. I don’t know how the nomad fares but the sandman doesn’t perform as well on .223 according to what I’ve read.
                              ... Come shoot mine on a 223... Shot to 600 no issue. Need to try it at a grand

The sandman does great on an AR

Comment

Working...
                              X