Buc-ee’s Melissa selling moldy corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc-ee’s Melissa selling moldy corn

Just a head’s up for y’all. I should know better than to buy corn at a convenience store but I did it and got screwed.

I purchased 15 bags of corn from Buc-ee’s in Melissa on Sunday. It appeared to be a brand new pallet. Once I got all the way to the lease and started filling feeders least half of the bags had mold and or/a foul smell.

In their defense when I spoke to the manager they refunded me for half of the bags. But, the bottom line is they are not storing it correctly. Just don’t do it. The savings is not worth the trouble.

Sorry for your trouble, but I’ve had great luck buying corn from bucees. Great price and quality from my years of experience with them. Glad they made it right for you.

Comment

Man, that stinks. Like Kenner, I have been really pleased with their corn and bet I have bought over 1000 bags from them and never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
        Just a head’s up for y’all. I should know better than to buy corn at a convenience store but I did it and got screwed.

I purchased 15 bags of corn from Buc-ee’s in Melissa on Sunday. It appeared to be a brand new pallet. Once I got all the way to the lease and started filling feeders least half of the bags had mold and or/a foul smell.

In their defense when I spoke to the manager they refunded me for half of the bags. But, the bottom line is they are not storing it correctly. Just don’t do it. The savings is not worth the trouble.

I've bought a lot of corn from Buc-ees over the last 3-4 years and never had an issue with moldy corn. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've not had an issue. Ft Worth and Denton store it outside but its under an deep awning. At $60/pallet less, it's worth the savings to me....plus the convenience factor of it being so close factors in as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I've bought a lot of corn from Buc-ees over the last 3-4 years and never had an issue with moldy corn. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've not had an issue. Ft Worth and Denton store it outside but its under an deep awning. At $60/pallet less, it's worth the savings to me....plus the convenience factor of it being so close factors in as well..
          How much is a ton at Bucces?

Comment

Forgot to mention, I have bought weevil infested corn.... or corn mixed with oats at some mom and pop feed stores, so bad things can happen anywhere.

Comment

Maybe they just don’t know how to store it at Melissa. Next time I get diesel I’ll drive around back and see if it’s under an awning or what.

I didn’t remember hearing anyone having any trouble with them which was why I thought it would be a safe choice.

Comment

Forgot to mention, I have bought weevil infested corn.... or corn mixed with oats at some mom and pop feed stores, so bad things can happen anywhere.
                Absolutely, it can happen anywhere I just thought I would try to save someone from the headache I had over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  How much is a ton at Bucces?

I haven't received a discount at Bucees discount. If they do, I'd like to know......$5.99/sack compared to $7.50 at feed stores I frequent.

Technically I still buy from both because we have a lot of 600 lbs feeders to fill. I save where I can, but I sure like those feed store fellas loading it.

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post

I may have missed it in my pre-coffee skimming, but why a refund on only half the bags?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      I may have missed it in my pre-coffee skimming, but why a refund on only half the bags?

As stated in paragraph 2,, line 5,,

“ at least half the bags had mold or stank “

Get another cup or three. [emoji23][emoji41][emoji851]

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Because the manager couldn’t understand why I didn’t bring all 15 bags back to him. I guess I was supposed to scoop it out of the feeders and back into the sacks and haul it all the way back rather than letting the hogs at the lease (hopefully) clean up the mess.

I wasn’t thrilled but half of my money back was better than none of it.

Comment

All Feed corn is infested with weevils that is at any store. If you put some in a jar and seal it and wait about a month you will notice meal in the bottom of the jar. This is normal.

Comment

I haven't received a discount at Bucees discount. If they do, I'd like to know......$5.99/sack compared to $7.50 at feed stores I frequent.

Technically I still buy from both because we have a lot of 600 lbs feeders to fill. I save where I can, but I sure like those feed store fellas loading it.

10-4. Too far to haul for us but I'll definitely start using for smaller loads, hand corn, etc

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              10-4. Too far to haul for us but I'll definitely start using for smaller loads, hand corn, etc

I usually roll with 15-20ish bags....have to now with the truck downsize... ....but on big days id load the one ton up with the pallet or put it on a trailer wherever we buy. Gormans was the worst about weevils .
                              Last edited by Smart; 09-02-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X