Lifted Trucks & Car Wash's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifted Trucks & Car Wash's?

Anyone with a good sized lift on their truck still able to go through certain automated car wash's or is it just out of the question? I've only had leveling kits and small lifts in the past and never had an issue but a coworker was telling me that he doesn't think I can go through one in my new truck. It has a 7.5" lift on 35's and is a long bed crew cab... Am I hand washing from now on? It sure needs a bath right now and it sure is nice to be able to run through to get a quick wash.

Most have a Max. Height painted on the doorway. Sounds like someone needs to get out a tape measure and check!

Comment

Interested in replys.
      Havent found one yet that I can go thru.

Comment

Yeah your never going to fit....

Comment

Don’t do it. Every truck I’ve ever owned has been lifted 6+” and on 35’s or 37’s. They do not work well in automatic car washes. I know this.....
          Besides why would you want to take your truck thru there anyway? Unless it’s touchless it’s going to scratch the hejj out of it.

Comment

If you wouldn't have put one of those east texas pineywoods lifts on it you would be fine!

Comment

Car wash is what?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                Don’t do it. Every truck I’ve ever owned has been lifted 6+” and on 35’s or 37’s. They do not work well in automatic car washes. I know this.....
                Besides why would you want to take your truck thru there anyway? Unless it’s touchless it’s going to scratch the hejj out of it.
                The one I've used for the last couple of years was really good and never left a scratch. I guess I'll be hand washing this one.

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
                Interested in replys.
                Havent found one yet that I can go thru.
                Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
                Yeah your never going to fit....
                Not what I wanted to hear. Oh well...

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                If you wouldn't have put one of those east texas pineywoods lifts on it you would be fine!
                I didn't put it on. The dealer had it put on before I bought it and I had just enough East Texas Redneck in me to buy it lol. Never thought about having to clean it.

Comment

I run mine through two different washes, 7" lift and 35's with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWERIK View Post
                    I run mine through two different washes, 7" lift and 35's with no issues.
                    Really? I guess I need to look and see what the max height is on the one I've been using and measure my truck. I sure don't want to tear up a new ride though trying to squeeze into something that I shouldn't.

Comment

2 words - Mobile Detail

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        2 words - Mobile Detail
                        I never thought about that. I mainly was hitting the automated car washes for the convenience of a quick wash. It takes me 2-3 hours to detail one myself at the house... when I have time. I wonder what a mobile detailing place would charge?

Comment

Take it through a truck wash. Blue Beacon

Comment

Mobile detail if you want to keep the paint looking good. Tunnel car washes suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              Not true.. and usually its 7' clearance

Comment

Working...
                              X